Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sucks for Dillard he got hurt, cause he definitely would've got a lot of snaps along with Mailata.

Hopefully he did a lot of lower body and core work with that bicep injury limiting his upper body lifting for a while. Needs to have a better anchor.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Dillard this year. For my money you have to lock Mailata in at LT - you give him a full off-season as LT1 and the sky is the limit - assuming Stout stays of course. 

Does Dillard become our new swing tackle or do we try to work him in at OG? 

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well the answer is no, he hasnt. 

Alright Eagles fans, scale of 1-10 how happy are you?

5-6...potential for more depending on the staff. Though some of that is I think he’ll be able to get a good staff.

Im glad it’s not a retread, I’m glad it’s not someone from the Belichick or Reid tree. Glad it’s someone younger with some energy.

Hard to have too strong of an opinion. Like what I’m hearing but very wait and see. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

One thing I don’t like about it is it’s going to be the same offense. I’m sick of the two tight ends, shot gun 80% of the time plays. I really wanted an air raid offense 

The Colts and the Eagles did not have the same offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

With the current situation or hire?

There is no logical way you guys could be happy with your current situation. I was talking about the new HC.

It's kind of hard to say tbh. If I had to just say a number I'd put it at 7 with the potential upside. Like others have said the coordinator spots will be important for him.

The current situation with the front office kind of clouds this hire. I feel like no matter who we hired they are gonna have an uphill battle.

We didn't know what to think of Pederson either.... or Andy Reid for that matter. Reid came as a QB coach. We've kind always gone with the unknown to a certain extent like all 5 of the HC hires under Lurie have been first time NFL head coaches. 

We'll see how it works out, but right now there isn't enough to go on. I just hope he gets a fair shot.

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The Reagor hive will rise again. All three of us.

Hey..... I want in. I've defended Reagor on this board too lol

I also think Hightower can be a very good player for us. Please watch the tape on his game vs the Ravens where he burnt Humphrey repeatedly only to be overthrown repeatedly.

• Like 4

Just glad it's not McDaniels.

I don't have much else to say on this hire. I didn't know the name until we first were linked to him a few days ago. Seems he did solid job in Indy, nothing special. Like I said early, I don't get too wrapped up in these coaching searches because it feels like a bigger crapshoot than QB. I will say I trust Lurie, and he's been great with the non-splashy hires in his career. I am hoping for the best, but mere presence of the old guard (Howie) keeps me from being too optimistic even if Sirianni is amazing.

On a side note, it's a bit embarrassing that we keep finding ourselves in this position of chasing the shadow of our ex-coaches... 1st we fire Andy, then a few years later chase down the Andy disciple. Not long after we have Reich walk out on us*, only to chase down the closest thing to Reich a few years later.

*Not that there was any realistic alternative.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Hey..... I want in. I've defended Reagor on this board too lol

I also think Hightower can be a very good player for us. Please watch the tape on his game vs the Ravens where he burnt Humphrey repeatedly only to be overthrown repeatedly.

I like Hightower too. Had those dropsies early on but his deep speed alone is what offenses need to keep secondaries honest. I was sad when his usage just dropped off a cliff right after that Baltimore game.

• Like 1