2021 Coaching Staff - Who will Sirianni bring in?

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I saw Sheil Kapadia essentially say Steichen is a bum.

Maybe Steichen will be a good fit. But there’s little evidence to suggest the Eagles did anything to cast a wide net and find the best candidate. In Steichen’s one full season as an offensive coordinator, the Chargers finished 15th in DVOA. Late in the season, I labeled them the most frustrating team to watch in the NFL, and part of that was play calling. The Chargers ranked 19th in early-down pass frequency, despite having a fantastic quarterback in Justin Herbert and the seventh-ranked passing offense by DVOA. They ranked 31st in rushing DVOA. They consistently put Herbert in bad situations, and he bailed them out.

Now to be fair, it’s unclear how much of that was Steichen and how much was him just doing what head coach Anthony Lynn wanted. But it’s something to keep an eye on.

from Kapadia for those interested. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I like the idea of hiring a young staff that the players can relate to. But I still think we need that one old guy that's been around, I'm hoping we can still get Caldwell as an assistant. But I think Nick wants to be the oldest guy in the room lol

Stoutland?

So Steichen gets slammed for ranking 15th and 19th in a couple offensive DVOA rankings, but gets no credit for helping produce the 7th ranked passing offense in DVOA. Furthermore, do these idiots realize he's not even gonna call plays here? It's like any little thing that can be disparaged, they take it to the fullest. The Eagles can do no right in some of these peoples eyes man. They could win the next ten super bowls, but Bo, Sheil, and BLG would find a way to devalue it and paint a very bleak future outlook. I appreciate the realism of their podcasts, but man there's like zero positive vibes from these dudes ever. ZBerm at least seems level headed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So Steichen gets slammed for ranking 15th and 19th in a couple offensive DVOA rankings, but gets no credit for helping produce the 7th ranked passing offense in DVOA. Furthermore, do these idiots realize he's not even gonna call plays here? It's like any little thing that can be disparaged, they take it to the fullest. The Eagles can do no right in some of these peoples eyes man. They could win the next ten super bowls, but Bo, Sheil, and BLG would find a way to devalue it and paint a very bleak future outlook. I appreciate the realism of their podcasts, but man there's like zero positive vibes from these dudes ever. ZBerm at least seems level headed.

the eagles do make bad hires its ok to be objective. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the eagles do make bad hires its ok to be objective. 

Well 2 out of the last 3 regimes hired were pretty damn good so that doesn't check out. They wanna look at the history and track records of all of the negative things that are easy to defend and pick on, but they don't want to look at the phenomenal track record of Jeffery Lurie's hiring ability. Kinda like a bully who only picks on the smallest weakest kids. It's pathetic at this point. But hey, if some get off on getting pessimistic about everything, have at it bros lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well 2 out of the last 3 regimes hired were pretty damn good so that doesn't check out. They wanna look at the history and track records of all of the negative things that are easy to defend and pick on, but they don't want to look at the phenomenal track record of Jeffery Lurie's hiring ability. Kinda like a bully who only picks on the smallest weakest kids. It's pathetic at this point. But hey, if some get off on getting pessimistic about everything, have at it bros lol

Lurie didn't hire Steichen. Sirianni did.