2021 Coaching Staff - Who will Sirianni bring in?

Kiltman

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/rodney-mcleod-owes-number-more-eagles-new-dbs-coach-dennard-wilson-secondary

Rodney McLeod owes a lot to Dennard Wilson.

Including the No. 23.

Back in 2012, when McLeod made the Rams’ roster as an undrafted rookie, he did so wearing No. 38. That’s when Wilson went to McLeod with some sage advice: Go to the equipment manager and tell him you want to switch.

“I don’t know any better so I said, ‘You can do that?’” McLeod recalled on Monday to NBC Sports Philadelphia. “I didn’t know you could do that.”

McLeod was given the choice between 23 and 25 and he chose the former. He has now worn that number for all nine of his seasons in the NFL, the last five in Philadelphia. He chose 23 because that’s the number he wore as a freshman at DeMatha Catholic High School, which is where the relationship between McLeod and Wilson began.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Eagles last week hired Wilson to be their new defensive backs coach on Nick Sirianni’s coaching staff.

“I was in disbelief,” McLeod said. “I never thought I would have another opportunity to (play) underneath him. So when I saw the news, I was thrilled to have him in our room, now a part of this organization and team. And understating who we’re going to get to lead our group.

“I’m very familiar with him, obviously, but he holds everyone accountable, holds guys to the standard and it doesn’t really matter who you are, treats everyone the same. He respects guys in the room. I think everyone will respond well to him and I think he’ll help us out a lot.”

There is more in there too, didn't even realize the connection.

“Coach Brian is like family -- I’ve known him since I was 4 years old,” Hurts said Tuesday. “My dad actually coached him at Baytown [Texas] Lee High School. I grew up watching him play. Got a lot of love for him. Crazy how it works. He was actually recruiting me to go play at Mississippi State, when Dak left.”

I know some were trying to down play that Johnson knew Hurts. This is what Hurts said about him today lol.

Biographical details
Born December 7, 1975 (age 45)
İncirlik, Turkey
Alma mater Air Force
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2000 Air Force (Prep assistant)
2003–2005 Air Force (Varsity assistant)
2006-2010 Air Force (running backs coach)
2011-2014 Oklahoma State (running backs coach)
2015 Arkansas (running backs coach/special teams coordinator )
20162017 Indianapolis Colts (running backs coach)
2018 Oakland Raiders (running backs coach)
20192020 Cincinnati Bengals (running backs coach)
2021Present Philadelphia Eagles (running backs coach and assistant head coach)

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Biographical details
Born December 7, 1975 (age 45)
İncirlik, Turkey
Alma mater Air Force
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2000 Air Force (Prep assistant)
2003–2005 Air Force (Varsity assistant)
2006-2010 Air Force (running backs coach)
2011-2014 Oklahoma State (running backs coach)
2015 Arkansas (running backs coach/special teams coordinator )
20162017 Indianapolis Colts (running backs coach)
2018 Oakland Raiders (running backs coach)
20192020 Cincinnati Bengals (running backs coach)
2021Present Philadelphia Eagles (running backs coach and assistant head coach)

Not thrilled about it, but I guess he has experience. Those RBs on those teams never thrilled me and Mixon seemed to be under achieving