2021 Coaching Staff - Who will Sirianni bring in?

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This was obvious unless they were making him offensive coordinator. Hope he lands somewhere good where he can move up.

Wish him the best, I’m sure Duce would soldier on if he had to. But probably for the best for him and really for Sirianni too. Not that he seems like a paranoid dude. But a chunk of the lockerroom came out and endorsed Duce as HC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Wish him the best, I’m sure Duce would soldier on if he had to. But probably for the best for him and really for Sirianni too. Not that he seems like a paranoid dude. But a chunk of the lockerroom came out and endorsed Duce as HC.

Same kind of situation with Harbaugh those years back. But....you know....sans the respect of it all. Reid knew Harbaugh wouldn’t get any looks as a ST coordinator so he gave him like DB coach or something and he landed the Ravens job a year after. Duce can get out and this way can expand a role and move up the latter. I’m sorry to Duce but no ones hiring a run game coordinator as an OC much less a HC position. It’s a pass pass pass league and he’s got to get out of that pigpen hole role to prove to other teams he can handle more than just a RB rotation. This will be good for Duce. I’d like him to stay but he’s not going to grow here and I’m certainly not handing OC duties to him yet. Unfortunately the Eagles let him spin his wheels here and he never professionally progressed to make the next jump. He’ll get that spot somewhere else. Maybe even a small college for now. Players seem to care for him, a good sign. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I hate internal promotions after a complete and utter failure within that same regime.

I’d like my coach to select his OC. This seems like too much FO tampering. Maybe Nick’s in on it but maybe it’s Jeff and Howie meddling too much. I think for a coach to really assemble his vision he needs to have say on which guys he works with. Don’t really understand the voltron approach to a coaching staff. Synchronicity is a thing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Same kind of situation with Harbaugh those years back. But....you know....sans the respect of it all. Reid knew Harbaugh wouldn’t get any looks as a ST coordinator so he gave him like DB coach or something and he landed the Ravens job a year after. Duce can get out and this way can expand a role and move up the latter. I’m sorry to Duce but no ones hiring a run game coordinator as an OC much less a HC position. It’s a pass pass pass league and he’s got to get out of that pigpen hole role to prove to other teams he can handle more than just a RB rotation. This will be good for Duce. I’d like him to stay but he’s not going to grow here and I’m certainly not handing OC duties to him yet. Unfortunately the Eagles let him spin his wheels here and he never professionally progressed to make the next jump. He’ll get that spot somewhere else. Maybe even a small college for now. Players seem to care for him, a good sign. 

Yeah, that report he turned the OC role down was odd. Like that’s what he needed to take a step even if he wasn’t calling plays. Just having OC on his resume would help.

I think he could get a college HC job easy if he wanted it. Might not be a bad way to go for him.

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

would be kinda disappointing IMO

He’s done a solid job as a RB coach, and it makes some sense if they have Nick + a passing game coordinator to get an OC who can help build up the run with Stout. But certainly not the most inspired choice. Would make me think they wanted Duce back for it.