1-26 Denver Broncos WR Christian Kirk Texas A&M
1-27 Carolina Panthers DE Da'Shawn Hand Alabama
1-28 Green Bay Packers G Quenton Nelson Notre Dame
1-29 Atlanta Falcons OT Jamarco Jones Ohio State
1-30 New England Patriots S Marcus Allen Penn State
1-31 Philadelphia Eagles RB Nick Chubb Georgia
1-32 Buffalo Bills DT Maurice Hurst Michigan

1-29 Atlanta Falcons OT Jamarco Jones Ohio State

I don't understand this. Atlanta has one of the best RTs in the league in Ryan Schraeder and Jake Matthews is playing like a top 10 LT right now. 1st round OT doesn't make sense.

47 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don't understand this. Atlanta has one of the best RTs in the league in Ryan Schraeder and Jake Matthews is playing like a top 10 LT right now. 1st round OT doesn't make sense.

I don't question Jake Matthews, but Ryan Schraeder, eh. Most reports I have seen are that he doesnt even rank in the top 20 among best RT's in the league. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I don't question Jake Matthews, but Ryan Schraeder, eh. Most reports I have seen are that he doesnt even rank in the top 20 among best RT's in the league. 

yeah, you don't know what you're talking about here. Falcons re-signed Schraeder to a 5 year/$30M deal this past offseason because he's one of the top 5 RTs in the league. Trust me when I say this, the Falcons won't look to replace him for 3-4 years at the earliest.

i would Take Q. Nelson over James washington who i dont even rate as a top 3 wr in this class. 

WR is a Need but the need variety will likely depend on who we keep at WR. Robinson is a Free agent(i see us at worse Tagging him. Lee can take a Hike with his Drops(i think Dede Westbrook can replace him as an explosive playmaker). Hurns could be cut with lil cap ramifications this year.   personally i would rather see a WR like Sutton from SMU as i think him and arob would cause some problems down the field.  

i also think QB could be under consideration here with Josh Allen whos got some elite tools but we would need a bridge qb as theres no way Josh allen is ready to play year 1. 

WR doesn't seem like a very probable pick for the Lions. They have Marvin Jones and Golden Tate as their top two WR's and just drafted Kenny Golladay to be their 3rd WR. They'll need a 4th WR, but they'll likely just try to re-sign TJ Jones for that. They usually only carry 4 or 5 WR's, so adding another in the 1st just doesn't seem to make sense. The Lions will have major free agents at DE, DT, LB, SS, and C. DE is a need regardless of what happens with Ezekiel Ansah. DT is also a need, especially considering Haloti Ngata is a free agent, he isn't likely to come back (odds are he retires), and if he does come back he can't be relied on to remain healthy. LB will likely be a need unless Jalen Reeves-Maybin suddenly looks good enough to start, Whitehead is a free agent and will likely chase money somewhere else. LB could potentially be another early target for the Lions. Tavon Wilson is a free agent, although hopefully he will be back. Miles Killebrew should take over as the starting SS next year, so the Lions will need a 3rd S, which will hopefully just be Tavon Wilson. Safety shouldn't be an early draft need for the Lions, but could be another mid-round target if Tavon Wilson leaves. Travis Swanson is a free agent and hasn't been playing great. If the Lions don't find someone to man the center position in free agency they could look to draft one early. LG could also be a draft target with Graham Glasgow playing pretty iffy this year. They might also look to add a RB if they blame Abdullah instead of the OL, but he really hasn't been the issue. TE could also be a target if they get rid of Ebron and can't re-sign Darren Fells.

QB, RB, WR, TE, LT, RG, RT, NT, MLB, CB, SS, and FS are the positions I can't see them targeting early in the draft. LG, C, WDE, 3T, SDE, and SLB are positions I could see going early. RB, WR, TE, CB, and SS are probably closer to late-round or mid-round targets. You basically can't go wrong giving the Lions a defensive lineman in the 1st round, even if they do well there in free agency.

On 13/10/2017 at 7:59 PM, mike23md said:

1-3 Chicago Bears EDGE Harold Landry Boston College

Don't you think him and Floyd are pretty similar ? I think Chubb (than you rate much lower than me) would bring something else. BUt with McPhee and Young under contract i think they'll go somewhere else than pass rush in the 1st. Very nice presentation..

Archived