Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

If SEA is releasing him outright, Jarren Reed is a nice addition to address DL.    Can't believe the Seahawks wanted him to take a pay cut from 8M.   I could see Paton offering him 1/6-7M easily, or even 2/15M. 

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

If SEA is releasing him outright, Jarren Reed is a nice addition to address DL.    Can't believe the Seahawks wanted him to take a pay cut from 8M.

Was just coming in here to post that. I’d even trade a late rounder for him, he’d be a nice addition. I don’t think DL is a MAJOR need, but we are relying on Dre’Mont Jones and McTelvin Agim to make the leap. I have faith in them to do that, especially Jones who has impressed me a lot in his first couple of years, but it never hurts to have some extra rotational linemen. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Was just coming in here to post that. I’d even trade a late rounder for him, he’d be a nice addition. I don’t think DL is a MAJOR need, but we are relying on Dre’Mont Jones and McTelvin Agim to make the leap. I have faith in them to do that, especially Jones who has impressed me a lot in his first couple of years, but it never hurts to have some extra rotational linemen. 

Especially at altitude, those big guys get winded.  I wonder if we will make a play for Demarcus Walker too, I thought he has come on strong the last few years.  

20 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I'm all aboard this train. Reed shouldn't be available, but if he's down for a 1 year prove it deal, bring him on over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Know it'll be in next year's offseason, but stealing Orlando Brown from KC would add insult to injury to them given what they gave up. Would also fill a need for us, double-dip  win-win there.

No chance. He asked to be traded specifically because he didn’t want to be stuck at RT. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Know it'll be in next year's offseason, but stealing Orlando Brown from KC would add insult to injury to them given what they gave up. Would also fill a need for us, double-dip  win-win there.

9 hours ago, paul-mac said:

No chance. He asked to be traded specifically because he didn’t want to be stuck at RT. 

I mean, if a team wants to pay him like a LT, he'd probably be OK with RT.   The money matters most.

Having said that, I don't think he's a good target for us.   Mainly because with his size, the altitude is going to be a major challenge for him to stay on the field for all the snaps.   The Shanahan ZBS with mobile, athletic guys was a great fit for the rules in his era - but it also made sense given the need to be in even better shape conditioning and endurance wise than other teams, because of the altitude.   

Brown has been very successful - but in Denver or 'Zona, staying on the field for all the snaps would be more of a challenge.    For the money he'd want - developing a guy at rookie-contract prices makes sense regardless, but those big bulky guys, there's a disadvantage to being in DEN/ARI other teams don't face.   The resource outlay for both T's alone makes the draft a better venue, this is just icing on the cake.

Edited by Broncofan

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 6:05 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Looks like we got Shamar Stephen on a cheap deal as a rotation DT. I really like that. Guy has great athleticism and twitch for his size. Not a difference maker, but we needed the depth and the cost likely is peanuts. 

I was just going to ask about that guy. I don't know much about him other than he's started the last 31 games he's played in out of 32 possible.

Has to be a pretty good rotational guy. Anytime you've got starters as depth it's a good thing.

Seth William just signed,  his eventual replacement IMO. Hamilton wasn't making this team with all the talent, he never showed enough to justify this draft status. Very probably he was shopped during the draft w/o any takers but I agree they should've waited until TC, a lot of WR injuries happen there. 

Edited by Cutler06

41 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Broncos releasing DaeSean Hamilton. Interesting it's happening now and not giving him a chance to build up a trade market during the preseason... 

If Azzari okayed it I'm good he's one of the best wr coaches in the game imo.