Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

33 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Seth William just signed,  his eventual replacement IMO. Hamilton wasn't making this team with all the talent, he never showed enough to justify this draft status. Very probably he was shopped during the draft w/o any takers but I agree they should've waited until TC, a lot of WR injuries happen there. 

May have been a “do right by the player” move

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I can’t imagine how Hamilton would even fetch a 7th. Just so easy to find contributors at WR.

Right now spotrac lists about 40 UFA WR's under the age of 30. Hamilton's just one of them. I'll bet most of them don't find a team this year.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Right now spotrac lists about 40 UFA WR's under the age of 30. Hamilton's just one of them. I'll bet most of them don't find a team this year.

WR is becoming so oversaturated it's not even funny. The amount of talent coming into the league every year is putting even 'just okay' depth guys out of jobs.

16 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Broncos releasing DaeSean Hamilton. Interesting it's happening now and not giving him a chance to build up a trade market during the preseason... 

Broncos fans overrate this guy. He's shown next to nothing lol. There's not going to be a trade market for DaeSean Hamilton. If he showed out that much, we'd keep him.

Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, Hamler, Cleveland is a very solid group of 5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Broncos fans overrate this guy. He's shown next to nothing lol. There's not going to be a trade market for DaeSean Hamilton. If he showed out that much, we'd keep him.

Eh, Cleveland hasn’t shown much. Hamilton is a better player than him to date, although not at his $2.5m salary when Cleveland earns the minimum. Our top 4 are locked in and Diontae Spencer also makes the team as a special teams man and returner. That probably only leaves one more WR spot for either Cleveland, Seth Williams or Kendall Hinton. My money is on Williams to make the team but really it’s whoever plays special teams. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Let's not forget about Warren Jackson either. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Another guy who wasn’t working at the facility but this puts the team in a tricky spot.

I think the optics of going after DaeSean’s money would be horrible, as he’s a high character guy.

Wouldn’t you have to be consistent if you go after James’ money ?

10 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Another guy who wasn’t working at the facility but this puts the team in a tricky spot.

I think the optics of going after DaeSean’s money would be horrible, as he’s a high character guy.

Nah screw him. He chose not to workout at the facility even after seeing what happened to James. That’s not “high character” behaviour.