Jaguars to hire Darrell Bevell as OC

pwny

I mean, seems like he did pretty alright with his Russell Wilson project in the early years.  If he can do something like that with Lawrence to set him up for that kind of long-term success, i'd be pretty happy.  Obviously Seahawks fans are gonna be sour about him, as things get stale over that many years.  But i don't mind this at all.

As a Seahawk fan I was in the minority, and liked bevell. I thought his troubles were due to lack of personnel, mainly on the offensive line. Our super bowl win we had the highest paid offensive line in the league. After that we either missed on picks or just signed bargain bin free agents. 

I knew schottys lack of imagination would catch up to us eventually. I’m convinced carroll likes his yes men. 

Edited by SHONUFF
Added
  • Like 1

Bevell's offense is a wide-zone running, Walsh-style passing offense similar to what you might see under a Kyle Shanahan or Andy Reid. But it's like it's being called by a guy with no experience in the offense. Like a Doug Marrone. So it's got potential, but at times, it's too conservative and disjointed.

Seahawks twitter when Bevell was OC there: "He sucks. This guy is literally the worst."

Seahawks twitter now that Bevell is being hired as OC in Jacksonville: "He was great at PA Shot plays and we love him now!"

Let's all remember that during Wilson's tenure with Bevell, the entire passing offense was basically this:

What is Russell Wilson's playing style? - Quora

So, I mean if Lawrence can do that then you'll be fine. Otherwise, good luck...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

it would be the most Jaguar thing ever tbh.. 

It would indeed. But it won't happen lol.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seahawks twitter when Bevell was OC there: "He sucks. This guy is literally the worst."

Seahawks twitter now that Bevell is being hired as OC in Jacksonville: "He was great at PA Shot plays and we love him now!"

Let's all remember that during Wilson's tenure with Bevell, the entire passing offense was basically this:

What is Russell Wilson's playing style? - Quora

So, I mean if Lawrence can do that then you'll be fine. Otherwise, good luck...

We'll be ok.

QB coach for Rodgers as a rookie. Pounded the table/part of the development for Russ. Lions offense opened up/improved once Patricia was fired and Bevell took over. That type of experience is valuable and a good system for Lawrence to come into.

Just now, .Buzz said:

It would indeed. But it won't happen lol.

We'll be ok.

QB coach for Rodgers as a rookie. Pounded the table/part of the development for Russ. Lions offense opened up/improved once Patricia was fired and Bevell took over.

So basically unless you have Russell Wilson doing the above + Marshawn Lynch breaking tackles all over the place, you're going to be at-best an average offense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So basically unless you have Russell Wilson doing the above + Marshawn Lynch breaking tackles all over the place, you're going to be at-best an average offense.

I think the OL was the biggest key for Russ in 2012-2014. They started Russell Okung, JAmes Carpenter, Max Unger, and JR Sweezy all 3 years if I'm not mistaken

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You know, I agree. Offenses with not great talent usually end up as top 5-10 offenses in DVOA.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

As long as you have a HOFer QB, you're good to go. 

If the QB stinks though, he'll do everything in his power to make the offense as conservative as possible, even when its clear that a more aggressive strategy is called for.

Who wouldn't be aggressive with Tavaris Jackson? Man, now I'm skeptical.

• Like 1

Just now, scar988 said:

I think the OL was the biggest key for Russ in 2012-2014. They started Russell Okung, JAmes Carpenter, Max Unger, and JR Sweezy all 3 years if I'm not mistaken

Most likely. It's not even like at that they were good though. They were still turnstiles for the most part.

Just now, .Buzz said:

You know, I agree. Offenses with not great talent usually end up as top 5-10 offenses in DVOA.

You can dismiss it all you want, there's a reason why Bevell's offenses outside of those 3 years were never good. You saying he didn't have talent in Minnesota or Detroit? Heck, even after Lynch left he still had talent (if not more). We're talking about the same guy who STRUGGLED with how to utilize Jimmy freaking Graham in a passing offense...

• Like 2