Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

First season was very intruiging and well done. 8/10.

2nd season was unneccesary, but there were some good moments. Ultimately, I wasn't as engaged. 4/10

3rd season changed it up enough where it was decently enjoyable. It was good, but it wasn't special. 6/10

i agree would just rate them a little higher
1: 9
3: 8
2: 6

• Like 3

This was the last season for the Hawkins squad. It was a good ending for that group and they were getting to the age (both in the show and in real life) where they all grow apart anyways, so it makes sense. 

Im sure they will make some cameos in future seasons, especially 11, but I think the show will continue for another 15 million seasons and get ridiculous lol 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

This was the last season for the Hawkins squad. It was a good ending for that group and they were getting to the age (both in the show and in real life) where they all grow apart anyways, so it makes sense. 

Im sure they will make some cameos in future seasons, especially 11, but I think the show will continue for another 15 million seasons and get ridiculous lol 

Not sure if spoilers are needed yet, but just in case

I'm kinda on board with this as well, although if Hopper is the American they are talking about in the end credits, we may see him and possibly El again if she tries to hunt him down. That storyline could bring everyone back, but I think I'd rather it just be Hopper and El. 

I think it would also be cool for the last season (whenever it is) to be them coming back as adults and finishing it once and for all. The series already pays homage to older, 80's type movies. This could be along the line's of the original It.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, Malfatron said:
On 7/18/2019 at 2:15 PM, KewlBeanz said:

I want to see this girlfriend of Dustins!

i believe she does exist and if he actually out kicked his coverage and got himself at hottie, then job well done.

Reveal hidden content

It took me a second to see the play on words there, well done lad

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 8:54 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Not sure why it took me so long to watch this but damn, I really enjoyed it. The special effects, especially the last episode, were fantastic!  Was definitely entertained

I think there was a major plot hole with the finale though... 

SPOILERS

they said earlier in the season that part of the mindflare that was in will survived on this side of the gate after they preformed the exorcism on him... but then they kill it by closing the gate? LAME SAUCE

Edited by N4L

12 hours ago, N4L said:

they said earlier in the season that part of the mindflare that was in will survived on this side of the gate after they preformed the exorcism on him... but then they kill it by closing the gate? LAME SAUCE

Incorrect.  What we saw in season three was NOT the mind flayer.  What we saw in season three was something being USED by the mind flayer.  Its connection to the Mind Flayer was through the gate. 

Therefore, since they cut off its connection to the mind flayer, it was no more. 

Remember, the Mind Flayer was more of a smoke, not physical.  What we got in season three was physical.  It was not the mind flayer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Incorrect.  What we saw in season three was NOT the mind flayer.  What we saw in season three was something being USED by the mind flayer.  Its connection to the Mind Flayer was through the gate. 

Therefore, since they cut off its connection to the mind flayer, it was no more. 

Remember, the Mind Flayer was more of a smoke, not physical.  What we got in season three was physical.  It was not the mind flayer. 

It was the mind flayer's physical manifestation. It was gathering biological material to create the creature they were fighting. 

They themselves said earlier in the season that the part of the mind flayer that was inside will stayed on this side of the gate after 11 closed it. That was the premise for the mind flayer being 'back' - it was that it never left. I forget what episode that was, but it was absolutely the premise the show laid down

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

the part of the mind flayer

1. All of the mind flayer was not in Will.  A PART of it was at best, but it was probably more like a parasite controlled by the mind flayer.
2. The part or parasite that controlled Will was connected to the mind flayer from the other side of the gate.
3. The gate was closed, killing the part or parasite that was in Will (or at least its connection to the mind flayer).
4. Russians re-opened the gate.
5. The part or parasite that had escaped Will was dormant until the Russians re-opened the gate.
6. The part or parasite fed on rats to manifest a physical form until it had enough substance to take over Billy.

And on and on until, again, the gate is closed, severing the part/parasite of the mind flayer that had a connection to the whole thing. 

So if you want to say that whatever was in Will in season 2 was the mind flayer, that's where you get yourself confused.  I personally don't think the mind flayer was ever in Will.  It was more like a parasite controlled by the mind flayer, but not actually the mind flayer. 

Bottom line: The rules did not change.  Whatever part or piece or parasite connected to will in season 2 was sustained by the connection to what was on the other side of the gate.  Just like the third season. 

It's not a plot hole.  Don't call things plot holes just because you don't want to take the time to get to the proper conclusion. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally wrapped up watching Season 3 of Stranger Things. I really liked it, I thought that the villain/monster was interesting. And I liked that it feels like we're moving beyond just Hawkins. That said, I felt like the story wasn't as tight as previous seasons. Mainly, it felt like you could see them setting up for each character to have their moment and they dumbed down the other character when it wasn't that characters moment.

• 1 year later...