Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, Starless said:

Finished up the season.

They certainly did a good job of stepping up the threat level from season 1, as a good sequel should. 

I do think there should've been more than just the one episode featuring Kali and her gang, though - and more done to tie them in with the main story.

I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of her.  Very pleasant surprise after the last episode.  Love the discussion videos.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Just so everybody knows, that part where Hopper says, "Yeah, screw you too," to the crow was a direct reference to The Thing and one of about a thousand reasons why I effing love this show. 

Nancy as in Nancy from Nightmare on Elm Street

Eleven's hair in season 2 like Ripley in Aliens

could go on and on

@devils1854, I think all of episode 7 was a stylistic homage to The Terminator as well as , the ones you mentioned, about a dozen I saw but forget, and probably about a billion I missed.  Normally I don't care for homages, especially when they distract from the show/movie, but this show does it so damn well that I love every one I catch. 

This literally is my favorite TV show of all time.  I think it's safe to say that now that I've finished season 2.  One season is too early, but, at this point, it's not even close.  Closest TV shows would be Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Preacher, but none of those shows are as profoundly enjoyable to me as Stranger Things. 

Wish they didn't devote a whole episode to Kali and that other group (just because outside of Kali, the group was obnoxious and pointless), but at least Eleven was there so it didn't feel like a wasted episode, especially considering what it did for her character.  Other than that group, and that's not even a complaint that would register, I loved every minute of this season just like I loved every minute of the first season. 

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

man that was as good as the 1st season.. best show out there. just read they're gonna end it after season 4, which kinda hurts. 

Better to end it while it's still a great show than to drag it out for too long and I think it was 5 seasons, could be wrong though.