What would make you post more?

pwny

Hi everyone. pwny here, to discuss forum growth with you all.

As of right now, every single post on the first page of the forum has been responded to within the last three days. That’s a huge deal for a forum that had seen post counts drop and the use of single topic threads dominate where all discussion goes. Forum activity has increased a good amount since I became a mod again; though this is entirely because of the hirings and speculation around them driving content and none of my doing except to prod members to remember to make new threads for big news.

So I’d like to get input from the regulars, and the not regulars, and those of you who read but don’t post, on what we as a community could do to make the forum more interesting for you, or how we could increase post count on here.

The two things I’m trying to commit to right now is to make sure topics that would do best in a new thread don’t get stuck in catch all threads, and to use the likes more on good posts from you guys.

What would you guys like to see or want us to do on here?

51 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not sure if this is anything but I feel like the TWO Hangout should be jumping.

We all got stories and used to be a tight group a while back. Heck, a couple people and I would PM back and forth just stories and whatnot

I agree on this. I’m a big fan of using off topic discussion to forge a community. Do you have anything specific you’d like to see, or just more general shooting the breeze, talking about life, type stuff?

One thing that might get people going more is an introduction thread for new members.  They have one like that over in the Vikings forum and I always thought that was a good idea.  When new fans come to check out the site, and particularly the Jaguars Forum, it might keep more of them around if they are welcomed by others here and encouraged to get involved.  As a veteran of Football's Future, but a newbie to the Jaguars, it would have been nice to be able to go back in that thread and kind of get to know people by their screen name/avatar. 

It would actually still be nice to do that if we could put start a thread like that and the veterans of the Jaguars Forum posted information about themselves too.  One way you could do it is to have a first post in the thread that gives people some questions to answer about themselves, their history as a football fan, what got them started with the Jaguars, etc.

40 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

One thing that might get people going more is an introduction thread for new members.  They have one like that over in the Vikings forum and I always thought that was a good idea.  When new fans come to check out the site, and particularly the Jaguars Forum, it might keep more of them around if they are welcomed by others here and encouraged to get involved.  As a veteran of Football's Future, but a newbie to the Jaguars, it would have been nice to be able to go back in that thread and kind of get to know people by their screen name/avatar. 

It would actually still be nice to do that if we could put start a thread like that and the veterans of the Jaguars Forum posted information about themselves too.  One way you could do it is to have a first post in the thread that gives people some questions to answer about themselves, their history as a football fan, what got them started with the Jaguars, etc.

I'm an Australian fan who picked the Jags in 2012 when they were struggling so if they ever found success I went through the journey with them instead of following a more consistent team. I have seen a few jag fans over here as well. There was no where really to introduce myself to in here and as I am still learning the intricacies of the   game its a bit harder to jump into a full discussion but i enjoy reading everything here and learning.

Edited by Berries
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Berries said:

I'm an Australian fan who picked the Jags in 2012 when they were struggling so if they ever found success I went through the journey with them instead of following a more consistent team. I have seen a few jag fans over here as well. There was no where really to introduce myself to in here and as I am still learning the intricacies of the   game its a bit harder to jump into a full discussion but i enjoy reading everything here and learning.

Welcome to Football's Future!  It's amazing to think that there are football fans all the way down in Australia.  Great to see we have some Jags fans down under too!  Anytime you have any questions about how the game works, this is a great place to come.  I hope we see you around a lot.  :)

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Welcome to Football's Future!  It's amazing to think that there are football fans all the way down in Australia.  Great to see we have some Jags fans down under too!  Anytime you have any questions about how the game works, this is a great place to come.  I hope we see you around a lot.  :)

Thanks for the welcome! You will be surprised how popular the NFL and NBA and to a lesser extent NHL/MLB has become down here especially as they are majority played when our three big football codes (Rugby League, Rugby Union and Australian Rules) are all finished for 5 months. I have learned a lot reading here, things that would be second nature to life long fans but are foreign to me haha 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pwny said:

I agree on this. I’m a big fan of using off topic discussion to forge a community. Do you have anything specific you’d like to see, or just more general shooting the breeze, talking about life, type stuff?

Shooting the breeze, nothing specific. What do you like that would garner some sort of discussion. Aren't you a big Cubs fan? I'm a Dodgers fan, we can talk baseball. We could talk about starting a fantasy baseball league if we wanted or hell a fantasy football one?...remember we used to love doing those

Hell we just got a new member in @Uncle Buck and id like to know more about that guy! I feel like the "Hey I'm New" thread used to have alot of traction and might help make the lurkers feel like posting?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

@Berries I 2nd this. Any questions you got feel free. If you dont mind me asking some to you:

1. Why the Jaguars? I feel like everyone has a weird story for this. Mine is I was 5 years old when they became a team and my favorite animal was the Jaguar lol so it doesnt have to be a good story. No pressure

2. Got any favorite players?

3. What else do you like?

10 minutes ago, Berries said:

Thanks for the welcome! You will be surprised how popular the NFL and NBA and to a lesser extent NHL/MLB has become down here especially as they are majority played when our three big football codes (Rugby League, Rugby Union and Australian Rules) are all finished for 5 months. I have learned a lot reading here, things that would be second nature to life long fans but are foreign to me haha 

I would also like to thank you for two of your most lovely imports to our country - Olivia Newton-John and Margot Robbie.  :)

xRyBiWa.jpg

NSOFsPx.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Like that?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shooting the breeze, nothing specific. What do you like that would garner some sort of discussion. Aren't you a big Cubs fan? I'm a Dodgers fan, we can talk baseball. We could talk about starting a fantasy baseball league if we wanted or hell a fantasy football one?...remember we used to love doing those

Hell we just got a new member in @Uncle Buck and id like to know more about that guy! I feel like the "Hey I'm New" thread used to have alot of traction and might help make the lurkers feel like posting?

Yeah, I'd love to hear more about you and all the Jags fans.  I'll participate if a new thread is put up.

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@Berries I 2nd this. Any questions you got feel free. If you dont mind me asking some to you:

1. Why the Jaguars? I feel like everyone has a weird story for this. Mine is I was 5 years old when they became a team and my favorite animal was the Jaguar lol so it doesnt have to be a good story. No pressure

2. Got any favorite players?

3. What else do you like?

1. Back in 2011 I moved out of home and was able to get my own Paytv which was the only place the NFL was shown at the time and I watched whatever games they had on at the time. Around 2012 I met some guys who supported some of the bigger teams at the time like Green Bay/New England but I decided I did not want to go down that path where people support the big clubs like in the soccer (Manchester United etc) I narrowed it down to Jags, Bills and Panthers as I liked the logos. My dad said he had a good experience at a college game in Jacksonville in the early 80s and I liked the Teal colours so I decided to give them a go and now I watch every game that I can but I think I will have purchase NFL Game pass to see them more.

2. As a big forward in Rugby I always liked putting big shots on so I was very endeared to Sacksonville at the time but I have really come to like RB James Robinson who is making some big plays after the frustrations of Fournette at times in the past. The one thing I have struggled with the rate of roster turnover compared to Rugby so it can be hard to really invest in a player at times.

3. I really really want to jump in that pool at the home stadium during the early rounds and watch a game live one day. Is it easy to get tickets for?

• Like 3