The Eagles Injury Update Thread

Phire

Some injury updates:

The Eagles' starting middle linebacker didn't return for the second half of Thursday night's game after suffering an ankle injury. Hicks was evaluated by the training staff on Friday morning. 

"Jordan's gonna be OK," Pederson said. "We'll expect him this next week in practice."

Thanks to playing a Thursday game followed by a Monday night game, Hicks will have a few extra days to heal before facing Washington. 

While the news is good for Hicks, it doesn't sound good for special teams ace Chris Maragos. Pederson said Maragos still needs to have a few more tests to determine the significance of his injuries, but it's pretty clear those injuries to his right knee are significant.  

According to Daily News' columnist Marcus Hayes, Maragos said he thinks he tore his PCL and ACL. Maragos walked out of the Eagles' locker room in Charlotte on Thursday night with a giant brace on his leg. 

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Anyone with info on Darby/Graham/Bradham? I know the later two should be good to play next week, so mostly interested in the former.

Graham and Bradham both came back in the game. I'm pretty sure if they weren't minor, then that wouldn't have happened.

Eagles beat writers have said that Darby is walking without a limp now and Doug said this about him today.

Sounds like we probably won't have him back for the Washington game on Monday, but could definitely have him back for the 49ers after that.

It's great that we are winning and don't have to worry about getting him back on the field.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Sidney is eligible to practice on Tuesday I wonder if he will 

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-injury-update-sounds-jordan-hicks-going-be-ok

"Again, keep the message the same with him," Pederson said. "I don't want to rush him back. He's still doing a good job with his rehab and his conditioning. Want to make sure he's fully cleared medically before we stick him back on the field."

Doug said today that no decision has been made on that.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eagles beat writers have said that Darby is walking without a limp now and Doug said this about him today.

Sounds like we probably won't have him back for the Washington game on Monday, but could definitely have him back for the 49ers after that.

It's great that we are winning and don't have to worry about getting him back on the field.

Great news on Darby. Really want him healthy asap.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I am lukewarm on bringing Sidney into the fold this year. I really just want him to be good for a long time and to focus on his health this year, but if we keep winning and he is healthy enough to help us win football games, then the risk is worth the potential benefit.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am lukewarm on bringing Sidney into the fold this year. I really just want him to be good for a long time and to focus on his health this year, but if we keep winning and he is healthy enough to help us win football games, then the risk is worth the potential benefit.

I'm all for bringing him back if he's fully healthy. We shouldn't be the Sixers and get overly cautious. I don't think that helps.

He's either ready to come back or he isn't. Let the team and their medical staff decide.

The only reason possible for me wanting him not to play this season was that we could get him as a RFA instead of UFA after the final year of his rookie deal if he sat out the whole year. That would allow us to get him for cheaper for the year after his contract is up. However, being able to develop during the second half of the season and possibly start in games for a defense that is most likely going to the playoffs is invaluable.

Archived