The Eagles Injury Update Thread

Phire

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

100% agree with you both, just worry if he is actually going to be healthy this year or not.

The guy who did his surgery said this almost 6 months ago from now. 

Jones said the doctor told him he would be running 4 months after and that he would have to get his strength back from there.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The guy who did his surgery said this almost 6 months ago from now. 

Jones said the doctor told him he would be running 4 months after and that he would have to get his strength back from there.

So Sidney is at 6 and a half months post op right now. He might be good to go for week 9 give him all the 3 week window to ramp up in practice. 

With how this defense is playing, there is no reason to rush Darby or Jones back. We know Darby will be back this year, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to rush Jones back. I know they have to activate him at a certain point if he's going to play at all this year, and if there aren't 2 other candidates coming off IR I'd be fine for bringing him in and him being inactive for a while so he can get fully healthy but still be available if needed.

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

What the hell happened to Smallwood? I don't remember him getting injured at any point during the last game he played in

He wasn't listed on the injury report until the Wednesday after the Giants game (last one he played in), so he more than likely hurt it in practice.

Here is the official situation with Jones: Beginning on Tuesday, Jones can start a 21-day practice window and be elevated to the active roster at any time. If, after 21 days he is not elevated to the 53-man active list, he remains on the Reserve/Physically Unable To Perform list for the remainder of the season and can't practice or play. The 21-day period can start at any point after October 17.

Just now, Danger said:

Kinda sounds like "He's going to play, but I'm not going to say he's going to play so that the other guys gotta prep more or be kept guessing."

Definitely could be. I'm hoping he plays, but I'm good if he doesn't.

Washington doesn't have anyone that can really burn us deep like D Jax could.

Archived