Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What would it entail?

Work with me on getting the forum side of things ready to go.  Sign up sheet, Discussion thread interaction, handle any conflicts.  Once this starts I'm typically the bean counter, keeping all the books updated but what I don't really have the time for in forum related stuff.  

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Work with me on getting the forum side of things ready to go.  Sign up sheet, Discussion thread interaction, handle any conflicts.  Once this starts I'm typically the bean counter, keeping all the books updated but what I don't really have the time for in forum related stuff.  

I could do it, my only hesitation is I can't get on FF at work anymore so my availability is down to after 5p est on weekdays 

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I could do it, my only hesitation is I can't get on FF at work anymore so my availability is down to after 5p est on weekdays 

I think that time frame would work if that's your only hesitation.  I can find someone else to help out during the morning hours for the discussion monitoring if needed, but we rarely have any issues with this mock.  That said, you are good to receive this title?  I know you'll be better than the current NFL Commish... haha.

Nfl Draft Football GIF by USC Trojans

I'll hit you up in a message to go over my thoughts and get any suggestions you have.  I guess the first thing we need to figure out is when do we want to kick this off.  I'd have to look at some previous mocks to see when we typically start this.  I usually start by looking at when we start the draft, which is based on the end of the combine.  I wanna say early to mid Feb is when we start the mock.  Since I didn't run it last year, we may need to track down some of our regulars, but we can discuss this.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I'm mostly on at work (shh) during the day so I'll be your Marty Jannetty if that helps some to get this going again. 

20 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm mostly on at work (shh) during the day so I'll be your Marty Jannetty if that helps some to get this going again. 

yessir... Thanks man.  

Would you mind giving me a hand with getting the schedule and sign up stuff worked out?  If so, message me your gmail addy.

Thanks man.

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Just a heads up, I'll have to figure something else out when it comes to putting a value on free agents.  The grading system of Pro Football Focus is just making it impossible to bulk collect data.

I know you already know... but OTC & spotrac provide some projected values for players, including free agents.

Could use that as a baseline then once values are set could use that as we move through the sim.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 3:47 PM, jch1911 said:

I know you already know... but OTC & spotrac provide some projected values for players, including free agents.

Could use that as a baseline then once values are set could use that as we move through the sim.

Right... Just not an easy way to pull the data.  I do think I might have figured out a way to pull grades from PFF.  Not my favorite but it works for what I need.  Hoping to have this done by tomorrow so that I can start working on the actual workbooks.  This is always the most time consuming part of this mock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Right... Just not an easy way to pull the data.  I do think I might have figured out a way to pull grades from PFF.  Not my favorite but it works for what I need.  Hoping to have this done by tomorrow so that I can start working on the actual workbooks.  This is always the most time consuming part of this mock.

Thanks for all that you do!

Those that know me, know BDO... lol.  kidding, but if you know me, you know that I like to keep you guys informed on where I'm at with the build.

I just finished collecting all the data for the player database, which includes the expected apy values for bidding on players.  This is primarily based on the player grades which is generated using Pro football focus.  So, when this info is made available you'll see some players graded too high or too low, but know that the system is designed to account for this.  If too high, the values decrease after each bidding round.  If too low, you can always bid more.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Please post any suggestions / feedback/ constructive criticisms for next years mock draft here.

Thanks

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - @MaximusGluteus
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @ny92mike & @YogiBiz
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

So for extensions next year, I could increase the 30% subsequent year rule for the second year.  This would allow you to have a lower base salary for year one (vet min) and the 2nd year of the contract it would allow a higher increase.  I'd like to look at numbers but I'm thinking like 50% for the second year and then drop it back down to 30% for all other years.

Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions.

• Like 2