Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

Is there anything I could add or change with the draft board to make it better for next year?

Was thinking it might be useful to display the OTC team's needs, however the team needs, needs some work before I could add it.  

I want to say too if I collected emails, I think I could set up email notifications for when a team is OTC.

I don't know just tossing out some ideas, but would like to hear your thoughts.

Not sure how much work it would take to make this happen, but for teams looking to move up, there could be a place to put your trade proposal up so when a team is OTC could quickly view.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

No offense but the team needs listings are sort of pointless. They don't take into account players signed in free agency in the mock and each GM's opinions will likely vary from whatever your source is. 

None taken...I know the current team needs is junk.  It's why I was saying it needed work.  It's just based off of the average top 1 to 3 (depending on position) player grades, which needs work too.

If I spent some time on it, I think it could be better.

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Thoughts on this? 

For teams looking to move up, there could be a place to put your trade proposal up so when a team is OTC could quickly view.  Thinking this might help speed things up, as well as get you the best offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright the final and for me the most important phase of tcmd, feedback and suggestions.  Please provide us information on how we did and what we could do better.  I'm also looking for members that would be interested in assisting with the new design, structure and functionality, excel knowledge isn't required. 

Previously, we talked about the following changes.

• Rebuild workbooks
    • Cleaner look.
    • Remove the need for unofficial team rosters
    • Potentially fix glitch, by reducing the number of these type of formulas.
    • design better scouting sheets.
  • Guidelines
    • Restructure the layout of the guidelines, less is more concept.
    • Link specific rules and how to guides for each sheet.
    • Redesign the schedule and start date.
  • Restructure extension rules
    • Adjust the way extensions are done to reduce the number of extensions allowed.
    • One proposal was to provide allotment money similar to how the restructure rules. 
  • Fix the waiver wire.
    • Figure out a way to only include claims where the team is awarded the player.
  • Build UDFA tracker.
  • Free Agency
    • Refine the player grading system to get better APY values.
    • Include extra bidding slot. 
    • Adjust the UFA sheet so that it isn't showing if a team has reserve bids placed.
    • Adjust the calculation for determining highest bid.
      • Potentially remove the options for roster and work out bonuses.
  • Draft
    • Include OTC potential trade options for teams looking to move up.
    • Clean up the layout, perhaps include OTC team needs 
    • Get help with doing mock drafts prior to the start of the draft.

I'd also like to look at what it would take to run a continuous mock, whether it be just a simple draft only or one that includes a free agency.

I'd like to thank you all one last time for participating this year.

Again, let us know of anything you can think of that you believe would better tcmd or add to what I've posted above.

Thanks

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

• Like 3

They're are things you could change to make it simpler to run a team, but you risk diminishing returns in the quality of it.

Like, the whole reserve bidding thing could just be lumped into free agency, and give teams resigning an automatic boost to their own bids in all circumstances.  Having to differentiate so many systems to put in player contracts was a fairly confusing process in the beginning.  I definitely felt like I was pestering you and squire a lot trying to sort it out.

45 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They're are things you could change to make it simpler to run a team, but you risk diminishing returns in the quality of it.

Like, the whole reserve bidding thing could just be lumped into free agency, and give teams resigning an automatic boost to their own bids in all circumstances.  Having to differentiate so many systems to put in player contracts was a fairly confusing process in the beginning.  I definitely felt like I was pestering you and squire a lot trying to sort it out.

This is definitely one of the more confusing systems for rookies to wrap heads around.  I'll look into seeing if I can't merge the two, without it taking away from it's intended purpose.  If that can't be done, I think the idea of linking specific guidelines/how to guides at the top of each sheet should help in some capacity.  I'm with you on having them all listed out in one sheet, so I'll experiment with it.

Thanks 

12 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Might be a small thing.    But in the Restructure portion; 

Might change it so that Roster Bonus are able to convert into Signing Bonus.   
As opposed to just flipping Base Salaries   

I had not encountered the Roster Bonus issue for Saints and Vikings but if we couldn't convert RS in recent TCMD then it should be allowable in future TCMD.    Second that.

Is there anyone who has been thinking about splitting top FA into a few rounds?   It gives some chance for more GMs to sign their top FA.  

I don't like the 4 limit when we play a worldwide FA for first round.   If you missed 4 then you may miss up to 10-13 top FA hard before moving on to 2nd round.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Is there anyone think about splitting top FA into a few rounds?   It gives some chance for more GMs to sign their top FA.  

I don't like the 4 limit when we play a worldwide FA for one round.   If you missed 4 then you may miss up to 10-13 top FA hard.

You talking about pulling the top players and creating a separate FA for them?

13 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Might be a small thing.    But in the Restructure portion; 

Might change it so that Roster Bonus are able to convert into Signing Bonus.   
As opposed to just flipping Base Salaries   

I'm good with making this change.  Set it up for both extension and restructure.  Should be just a matter of changing some formulas to allow for this.

Thanks for the input.

Just now, ny92mike said:

You talking about pulling the top players and creating a separate FA for them?

Something like that.  Maybe 3 rounds for top FA only and then general FA rounds.

Still, I am not sure how we certify players as top FA.   Let's hope you have ability to add 1 or 2 slots as back up in first 2 or 3 general FA. I like this better.  If it is no go then we need to think about fair game to all GMs.