Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

I think less is more with all of these rules.  The thing is going to get so complex it’s hard to follow what is allowed and what isn’t.  I also don’t understand why rules are made to force people to act in a certain way when those rules don’t exist IRL.  If someone wants to go nuts with restructures who cares? Saying that is unrealistic or whatever is silly, this is a mock off-season the whole thing is unrealistic. 

33 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think less is more with all of these rules.  The thing is going to get so complex it’s hard to follow what is allowed and what isn’t.  I also don’t understand why rules are made to force people to act in a certain way when those rules don’t exist IRL.  If someone wants to go nuts with restructures who cares? Saying that is unrealistic or whatever is silly, this is a mock off-season the whole thing is unrealistic. 

There has to be limits on things.  It takes time to update each transaction that is made, this has to be taken into consideration too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

There has to be limits on things.  It takes time to update each transaction that is made, this has to be taken into consideration too.

There are no limits on restructures IRL and the league works just fine. People are going to create cap space regardless of the made up rules.  Teams have been making some very unrealistic cuts so far because they aren’t allowed to restructure:

I like the 30% rule.  Prevents people from cheesing it by putting absurd cap hits that put their teams in cap hell in the future to get a great offseason in the only year we're mocking.

It actually screws over my team because the Titans start in the red this year, but in 2024 have like 110 mil in cap space, so we realistically would be back loading the hell out of contracts, but you need something like that in these things.

• Like 3

There needs to be some balance with a 1 year mock on how teams can operate in FA.

Several years back, Nate Solder ( I think) got around $36M average on a 5ish year contract.  Allowing teams to backload a contract when they won't face any consequences in 3-4 years is what the 30% year increase is for.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

There needs to be some balance with a 1 year mock on how teams can operate in FA.

Several years back, Nate Solder ( I think) got around $36M average on a 5ish year contract.  Allowing teams to backload a contract when they won't face any consequences in 3-4 years is what the 30% year increase is for.

I remember that.  Not pointing any fingers but Houston is still paying for Solder...haha.

Whats funny is the Giants did it in real life.

@downundermike asked about this, so I'm going to add it here to get your opinions on this as we've looked into doing this in the past, it just never got figured out.

The idea of bidding on a player and if not being awarded that player we have a backup player that gets inserted in place of the outbid player for the same FA bidding round.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, squire12 said:

No the discount rate punishes people for backloading contracts 

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@downundermike asked about this, so I'm going to add it here to get your opinions on this as we've looked into doing this in the past, it just never got figured out.

The idea of bidding on a player and if not being awarded that player we have a backup player that gets inserted in place of the outbid player for the same FA bidding round.

No.  That takes away the strategy of FA.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tracy Porter contract is still a legend.   

• Like 2