49ers Cut Navorro Bowman

NcFinest9erFan

Was just about to post this. Makes all the sense in the world. Also adds credence to Lombardi's report that they were shopping him earlier - he was adamant that they were and never backed down. He was pretty vehement about it as well. 

I can't see the return being much given his salary, but yeah, this makes sense. A team like the Raiders it would really help. I'm guessing that it would be some sort of conditional mid round pick. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Absolute travesty what injuries did to his career. Seemed like a perennial All Pro and DPOY candidate and then the NFCCG injury happens. 

Rooting for him wherever he lands. Hopefully next season he looks better like he did last year. 

yeah agreed. those injuries suck big time. If anything, I hope this gets done by Sunday. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just about to post this. Makes all the sense in the world. Also adds credence to Lombardi's report that they were shopping him earlier - he was adamant that they were and never backed down. He was pretty vehement about it as well. 

I can't see the return being much given his salary, but yeah, this makes sense. A team like the Raiders it would really help. I'm guessing that it would be some sort of conditional mid round pick. 

Actually take that back. I don't think that any team trading for him is keeping him around past the season to be honest, based on this contract if they were trade for him.  His base spikes to 8+ million next year, with a per game bonus and option bonus due at the beginning of the year. I'm guessing conditional late rounder if we are maybe able to move him. 

16 minutes ago, Crickett said:

One of the biggest "shoulda bins" in NFL history.  :( 

I said it in another thread - in this decade, we've been robbed of some of the greatest off the ball backers due to injury. Willis and Bowman, and even Kuechly headed down that road with all these concussions. 

I think a trade to the raiders would make a ton of sense. I would ask for Seth Roberts straight up. Hes clearly the 4th option there and would provide a size/speed combination we haven't had in a while. He just signed a three year extension for really cheap too. Not sure if they would want to trade Roberts, but i would settle for a 4th round pick.

Other potential landing spots could be the panthers (Luke will probably be out for a while) or the Bears, who are super thin at LB and Bowman knows Fangio's scheme (obviously).

The raiders need leaders in the middle of the defense. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think a trade to the raiders would make a ton of sense. I would ask for Seth Roberts straight up. Hes clearly the 4th option there and would provide a size/speed combination we haven't had in a while. He just signed a three year extension for really cheap too. Not sure if they would want to trade Roberts, but i would settle for a 4th round pick.

Other potential landing spots could be the panthers (Luke will probably be out for a while) or the Bears, who are super thin at LB and Bowman knows Fangio's scheme (obviously).

The raiders need leaders in the middle of the defense. 

Looking at his contract, how it's structured, I Think you have to be willing to settle for less. My first thought was 4th rounder as well, but if he's not playing well (and he's not), I dont know how anyone keeps him next year with all that money (3+ million option due in march, 750 per game bonus, base salary over 8 million). People have to be looking at him like a pure rental for the rest of this season only. I could be wrong, of course, I didn't think we'd get that much for moving down one spot in the draft either lol. But a team would need to be desperate.