49ers Cut Navorro Bowman

NcFinest9erFan

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Damn, I wonder if it’s the timing or the trade or the player involved because i would have thought at least conditional mid round pick would be in the works. Still baffles me we traded a 4th for Bibbs

Wow. I've been crriticizing that move since the day I heard about it but no one else seems bothered by it.  It's not huge, but I do think it was a mistake.

10 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Wow. I've been crriticizing that move since the day I heard about it but no one else seems bothered by it.  It's not huge, but I do think it was a mistake.

I didn't like it at the time and still don't. I believe I dropped that trade from are you than a GM.

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

I thought he wanted to go to a contender? I hope he gets used to fans throwing beer bottles at his car after he blows coverage. Glad the Raiders are there once again to help another 49er vet set up their 401k

Probably doesn't want to uproot his life midseason and move across the country. I'm not sure if one year means he'll be an FA at the end of the season or not tho.

10 hours ago, straighthate said:

I was born and raised to hate the raiders but I gotta admit I like a lot of guys on their team. I like Bowman enough to name my dog after him, so I may have to quietly root for the Raiders. Quietly. No one I know will know I don't hate them!

I know! You are already discovered. Shame.....:P

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

As the one who has the most experience making these types of trades on Madden, how do you grade the trade??

HAHAHAHA. Haven't played Madden since 13 with Calvin Johnson on the cover.

Not a fan of the trade at all. Guy hasn't proven anything and to give up a very high second rounder for him in a contract year just makes little sense to me. Plus, they have to give him a huge long term contract that to be honest, he doesn't deserve because he hasn't earned it. Plus, over the weekend, reading about Lynch actually trying to acquire Brady (LMFAO) and then "settling" for Garoppolo just comes across as no one knowing what they're doing. Then, I also read that Shanahan (who I never would have hired to begin with) may not even play Garoppolo which makes no sense to me at all. Trade for a guy who you won't even play? WTF is the point then of acquiring him in the first place? Better off just waiting until FA and going after him. Even if you end up overpaying him (which will probably happen anyway) in FA, at least you still have the very high second round draft pick. Lastly, I read and this just seems way out there but the 49ers may sign Garoppolo only to trade him for more than what they gave up to acquire him. That's just not going to happen because if any team was willing to give up more, that team would already have him. Inquiring about Brady and then settling for Garoppolo just comes across as desperate and no one knowing what they're doing which starts with York and goes all the way down. But whatever. I haven't watched a single game since the Super Bowl which is a whole other story that still pisses me off today in so many ways.

If you and others here are happy, then great, I hope he works out for the 49ers and proves me wrong but at the same time, if I was him, I would make sure I hit UFA because I can choose where I want to go and either way, he'll cash in. 49ers should have worked out a contract and had him sign it or however it works in regards to sign and trade deal because when you think about it, the 49ers could end up losing a very high second round draft pick which they don't have the luxury of giving away for literally nothing.

Sorry if im coming across as negative but since York let Harbaugh go and the team started to slowly lose talent after talent, it's hard for me to justify spending my time on the team. In fairness though, outside of the Anthem protests and the Kaepernick situation, I haven't paid attention to anything NFL related simply because after the Super Bowl, I don't have it in me at this time to care. Sorry for the long post.

P.S. - Will always LOVE your T.O. avatar since he was and still is my all time favorite player and 49er. :)