TCMD Thread - Aka the Duck Howie, I'm The Boss Now Thread

T-rade

45 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but Diontae Johnson is just a bad receiver that his team uses for some reason.

He's not bad. He has some issues with drops which is concerning but getting open and earning targets is a skill which he is clearly good at. If the Eagles traded for him IRL it would be a great move because right now the Eagles have literal garbage at WR. 

I have a few moves I am considering if anybody wants to weigh in

• Restructure Graham, would free up 8.9 mil
  • Trade Javon Hargrave, 70th and 190th overall for 52nd, this would value Hargrave at a late 3rd rounder and free up 5.4 mil
  • Trade Barnett for a 6th rounder - it is the best offer I have so far, and I'd rather take a 6th than cut him, freeing up 10.8 mil

I have a few other possible restructures that could free up an additional 7 mil. I'd have 20+ for FA with all these moves.

Also, I'd like some feedback on a few of these guys:

• Drew Sample
  • Darren Fells
  • Oren Burks
  • Josh Harvey-Clemons
  • Mike Edwards

1 hour ago, T-rade said:

I have a few moves I am considering if anybody wants to weigh in

• Restructure Graham, would free up 8.9 mil
  • Trade Javon Hargrave, 70th and 190th overall for 52nd, this would value Hargrave at a late 3rd rounder and free up 5.4 mil
  • Trade Barnett for a 6th rounder - it is the best offer I have so far, and I'd rather take a 6th than cut him, freeing up 10.8 mil

I have a few other possible restructures that could free up an additional 7 mil. I'd have 20+ for FA with all these moves.

Also, I'd like some feedback on a few of these guys:

• Drew Sample
  • Darren Fells
  • Oren Burks
  • Josh Harvey-Clemons
  • Mike Edwards

I wouldn’t trade Hargrave. He is young a played really well second half of last year. Dude is a stud. Cut Malik. 

For Barnett, I think the choices are move him for peanuts or extend him and reduce his cap hit. Depends on how you feel about him. 

Restructuring Graham for this mock is a fine move. Any other restructures you can do? Cox? Slay? 

only player on that list that gets my interest is Mike Edwards. 

From past TCMD expirence I wouldn’t rush to shed all that cap now. People are going to go nuts the first couple rounds in FA. Doubtful you are competing for any significant players. I would largely sit back and see who you can get on really cheap deals the first couple rounds. Then you can offer more significant contracts as the $ dries up. You might wind up opening all this room and not have much of value to spend it on. 

Barnett might get more valuable after the first wave of FA. Teams will loose out on their top FA targets and will see that Barnett is better than throwing money at somebody who is worse. If you can afford to hold him you might be able to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I wouldn’t trade Hargrave. He is young a played really well second half of last year. Dude is a stud. Cut Malik. 

For Barnett, I think the choices are move him for peanuts or extend him and reduce his cap hit. Depends on how you feel about him. 

Restructuring Graham for this mock is a fine move. Any other restructures you can do? Cox? Slay? 

only player on that list that gets my interest is Mike Edwards. 

Can't cut Malik, already used my two post june 1st cuts

Can't extend Barnett, or I can, but I'd bump his salary to 12 mil

There's no shortage of guys I can restructure tbh, but I think there's an issue with the extension formula, because if I restructure Hargrave for instance, his contract goes from 4/34 to 4/50 total. I've DM'ed Mike about it

Mike is otb for a 4th

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Find someone with cap room and trade Malik for a future 7th. 

can you see if you can get a young cheap player you like as a kicker in the Barnett deal? 

Trading Malik would cost me 6+ - there's 3 guys that are post june 1st guys on the roster, DeSean, Malik and Alshon. Figured Malik could contribute the most of those three as he wasn't taking meaningful reps from young guys and if I moved Javon he would still be an average starter.

Probably not, Cincy said if they missed out on Lawson, they might come for Barnett

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That isn’t right with Malik’s deal..... they just moved his and Alshon’s around so they could be cut this offseason and open up cap 

I know, but he just pulled the numbers from OTC. Not sure if they got it wrong or his formula is off, but the cap is also set at 205, so that pretty much evens it out from my perspective