TCMD Thread - Aka the Duck Howie, I'm The Boss Now Thread

T-rade

With the first round of Free Agency officially over the PhilaLegodelphia Eagles are happy to welcome the new members to the Brick City (**** you Newark).

From the Steelers joins Linebacker Avery Williamson on a 4-year deal worth $6.4m

"The Linebacker position has been in need of a leader for years. With Avery moving further east he helps shore up that position by bringing a proven level of play that has been sorely missing since DeMeco Ryans left. It our belief that Avery will be a star throughout his tenure with us"

From the Ravens comes Chris Board on a 2-year deal for just under $1m annually

"Having Chris joining us helps the Linebacker unit by adding additional depth, but his real contribution is as a Pro Bowl special teams player. Our ST unit has been on a decline the last few years and by signing Chris we mean to show we are committed to rebuilding that 1/3 of the game"

Joining us from the Colts is Ifeadi Odenigbo for $3.3m over 2 years

"When Derek was traded it left an open spot in our DE rotation, with 11 sacks over the last two years as a rotational player we see Ifeadi as an emerging star and hopefully an heir for Graham when he hangs it up." 

13 hours ago, T-rade said:

With the first round of Free Agency officially over the PhilaLegodelphia Eagles are happy to welcome the new members to the Brick City (**** you Newark).

From the Steelers joins Linebacker Avery Williamson on a 4-year deal worth $6.4m

"The Linebacker position has been in need of a leader for years. With Avery moving further east he helps shore up that position by bringing a proven level of play that has been sorely missing since DeMeco Ryans left. It our belief that Avery will be a star throughout his tenure with us"

From the Ravens comes Chris Board on a 2-year deal for just under $1m annually

"Having Chris joining us helps the Linebacker unit by adding additional depth, but his real contribution is as a Pro Bowl special teams player. Our ST unit has been on a decline the last few years and by signing Chris we mean to show we are committed to rebuilding that 1/3 of the game"

Joining us from the Colts is Ifeadi Odenigbo for $3.3m over 2 years

"When Derek was traded it left an open spot in our DE rotation, with 11 sacks over the last two years as a rotational player we see Ifeadi as an emerging star and hopefully an heir for Graham when he hangs it up." 

Not going to lie, I don't know a ton about Board or confusing last name guy from the Colts, but positions make sense and grabbing some Colt defenders makes sense.

I'm not a fan of Avery Williamson. I don't think he offers all that much more than TJ Edwards. He's thumper and not great in coverage. I understand Eagles are bargain basement hunting this FA period. I would have rather went after a guy like Anthony Walker Jr. would have been a better addition, but that is just me.

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not going to lie, I don't know a ton about Board or confusing last name guy from the Colts, but positions make sense and grabbing some Colt defenders makes sense.

I'm not a fan of Avery Williamson. I don't think he offers all that much more than TJ Edwards. He's thumper and not great in coverage. I understand Eagles are bargain basement hunting this FA period. I would have rather went after a guy like Anthony Walker Jr. would have been a better addition, but that is just me.

Board led the league in Pro Bowl votes this year or last as a ST guy. I had expected to get outbid for Avery tbh, but at the price I got him for I feel like I snagged him under the nose of everybody else

The second round of free agency came and went without the Eagles making any moves, a few bids were made on the low end for guys hoped would slip through the cracks but didn't. In the third round the target was to add a bit of experience to the OL and a depth signing at TE.

We did just that landing both Ross Dwelley and Kelechi Osemele on vet minimum deals over two years.

From the 49'ers comes Ross "Destroyer of Donald" Dwelley, former UDFA out of San Diego

"Ross comes in and immediately competes for the spot behind Goedert. With the departure of Ertz we needed depth, and Ross quietly picked up 250 yards behind Kittle and is a solid blocker with room to improve"

From the Super Bowl runner ups, we are joined by Kelechi Osemele

"Kelechi needs little introduction, a former All Pro at LG he should be in the prime of his career but major injuries has halted him the last two years. He brings a high level and veteran presence. With Kelce contemplating retirement this signing would allow Seumalo to slide to Center and have Herbig and Osemele compete for the LG spot"

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wilson or Fields are going to fall right into your lap and if you don't take one, you are fired....lol 

They went 3rd and 4th? 

And in this scenario if Wentz is a cry baby we'll have all the bricks he wants to play with

Besides, Howie Potter, Dougie Phresh, Pressed 'n' Tailored

chamber of secrets goodbye GIF by Harry Potter