Lions and Stafford agree to part ways and will explore trades.

TheRealMcCoy

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Colts can probably get Jimmy for a 3rd round pick. 

Realistically speaking, does Jimmy G have that kind of value?  He's played in 31 games over the past four years, and his ANY/A was 7.31 in his only fully healthy season.  He was the 10th highest ANY/A that season.  But his cap hit is just under $25M.

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... for a QB playing at a high level, with quality years left and a very reasonable 2 year contract remaining. Yes, it starts with a 1st.

Agreed the reasonable contract is a big plus for teams looking to trade for him. Think it starts with a 1st or a good player/QB plus 2nd round or later picks

Whoever said it got it perfect - if the Lions send him to the Bears it better be 3 #1s or something else over the moon before I'll accept it

If the Niners offer #12 and some other pick that would be beautiful. 12 is about as high of a pick as I expect them to get.

I really wouldn't consider Garoppolo or Lock any kind of value in return. The only player I'd want in return is Watson. If the Texans would take Stafford and #7, the Lions better do that.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... for a QB playing at a high level, with quality years left and a very reasonable 2 year contract remaining. Yes, it starts with a 1st.

33 year old QB that never won a playoff game with 2 years remaining on a big contract. No it doesnt. Not for someone smart. No unless you have the best defense in the league and an average supporting cast.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, does Jimmy G have that kind of value?  He's played in 31 games over the past four years, and his ANY/A was 7.31 in his only fully healthy season.  He was the 10th highest ANY/A that season.  But his cap hit is just under $25M.

The injury issue is the biggest problem, but yeah, he'll get that in trade compensation I'm pretty sure. Again, it's a market thing. Teams need quarterbacks. His contract is fine and it's able to be navigated pretty easily . 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

33 year old QB that never won a playoff game with 2 years remaining on a big contract. No it doesnt. Not for someone smart. No unless you have the best defense in the league and an average supporting cast.

He's getting a first.