Lions and Stafford agree to part ways and will explore trades.

2 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Would the Raiders make sense for Stafford to be traded to in swap for Carr and a pick? Gets Stafford out of the NFC and Gruden knows he probably needs to upgrade at QB to compete with Mahomes and now Herbert in the division

Depends on what the Lions want to do. Do they have any interest in Carr? I feel like given where they are drafting, they'd much rather just draft a guy 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Depends on what the Lions want to do. Do they have any interest in Carr? I feel like given where they are drafting, they'd much rather just draft a guy 

That's true, and we wont know what QB will be left at their #7 pick until draft day. I would think 3 of the QBs go in the top 7 picks but who knows. They probably want to move Stafford before draft day I would assume

2 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

That's true, and we wont know what QB will be left at their #7 pick until draft day. I would think 3 of the QBs go in the top 7 picks but who knows. They probably want to move Stafford before draft day I would assume

They have to move stafford before draft day because of his roster bonus. The drop dead date is the fifth day of the league year, I  believe. 

• Like 1
Just now, Forge said:

They have to move stafford before draft day because of his roster bonus. The drop dead date is the fifth day of the league year, I  believe. 

With the pace they've moved since hiring Holmes, I'm guessing this won't drag on too much longer. 

Probably done by week's end.

4 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

They could also be considering using the draft picks they get from trading Stafford to move up to make sure they get the guy they want. 

6 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

They could also be considering using the draft picks they get from trading Stafford to move up to make sure they get the guy they want. 

For sure, maybe Stafford to Washington for #19 then they have that extra pick to move up

1 hour ago, Forge said:

March 22.  Detroit will have 2 1sts by then.  They then can work on moving up.   If he’s still healthy to project 5+ years at peak form I hope it’s 1.7 and 1.9.  Worst case they have Indy’s 1.21 and more Day 2 picks. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Lions should take three weeks max. Get the best offer, and then don't screw it up by getting greedy and letting the trade go stale.

Agreed...because of where people are picking, some of these guys may have to put together interesting packages. 

From what I can gather from the 9ers various beat writers and twitter guys, the niners are interested.....but only to a point and don't seem overly interested in getting into a bidding war, or overpaying for him or anything like that. My guess is that the 9ers are basically going to have a "#12, take it or leave it" negotiating tactic and then leave it to everyone else to beat. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed...because of where people are picking, some of these guys may have to put together interesting packages. 

From what I can gather from the 9ers various beat writers and twitter guys, the niners are interested.....but only to a point and don't seem overly interested in getting into a bidding war, or overpaying for him or anything like that. My guess is that the 9ers are basically going to have a "#12, take it or leave it" negotiating tactic and then leave it to everyone else to beat. 

Stafford straight up for #12 is about dead on the highest realistic value I think he can get. If they can get at least 2 teams who are serious about it, they can get that equivalent value, I think. If they get more, I will call it a home run.

Edited by Superduperman
2 hours ago, Forge said:

I would take #12 straight up for Stafford. Detroit is picking #7. Giving Dorsey/Holmes #7 & #12 to start the rebuild is HUGE for the Lions. Even if they don't get one of the QBs there, they can add two playmakers to build around right there. Let most of their free agents go and collect some comp picks next season (Okwara, Golladay, Jones). Add some players at each level to build around.

Offense- RB-Swift, TE-Hockenson, OL-Decker, Jackson, Ragnow

Defense- CB-Oruwariye, Okudah, DL-????, LB-?????

• Like 3