Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford expected to part ways

Lionized

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've got to say you are a very classy bunch of fans.  It's refreshing to come into a thread like this and see a player's fans wishing him well, rather than seeing them badmouthing him and trying to say they are happy to see him go.  I hope the Lions give you some greatness to cheer for in the near future. 

One question for you would be if there is any possibility Stafford is traded in-division to Chicago?  He could do great things down there with 'da Bears.

The compensation would need to be beyond huge.

30 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I see Indianapolis as the most likely destination.  They have a really good defense, a good RB in Jonathan Taylor, along with a solid O-line.  Add Stafford and a free agent WR and they are going to make some noise.  Plus, Indianapolis fits Stafford's personality pretty well.  I hope the Lions don't send him to Houston.

That has been my thinking all along.

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

One other surprise trade destination:  Washington Football Team.  Stafford throwing to Terry Maclaurin would give defensive coordinators nightmares.

I really see the top teams as Washington, San Fran and Indy. Colts is my preferred destination although Washington could be a really good spot with that division. 

29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

One question for you would be if there is any possibility Stafford is traded in-division to Chicago?  He could do great things down there with 'da Bears.

Zero.  Unless Chicago was willing to wildly overpay.  We're talking about 3+ FRPs at a minimum.  There shouldn't be any shortage of suitors, and they'd probably take a "lesser" package from a non-divisional rival.

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've got to say you are a very classy bunch of fans.  It's refreshing to come into a thread like this and see a player's fans wishing him well, rather than seeing them badmouthing him and trying to say they are happy to see him go.  I hope the Lions give you some greatness to cheer for in the near future. 

Thanks dude. Always appreciate you coming into the room. 

I don't think either team would do that. Even if you put the division rival thing aside, Chicago has already been without a 1st for multiple years (Mack and Trubisky trades). It's not sustainable and no guarantee Robinson comes back. They could always do a short term deal with Mitch and sign a Jameis type guy to compete. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I really see the top teams as Washington, San Fran and Indy. Colts is my preferred destination although Washington could be a really good spot with that division. 

Think Denver and New England are more likely scenarios than Washington, but that might just be me.

7 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Do you really think Stafford wants to work with Matt Patricia again?

I think he wants to win.  If New England gives him the best chance, I don't see why not.  It's not like Patricia is suddenly coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

While Stafford has had his ups and downs it’s really difficult to find a QB of his caliber so this doesn’t make me happy. If they want to go a new route draft a QB and let the kid sit behind Stafford for a season and maybe explore trading him next year. The deal he is on isn’t horrid by today’s contract standards.

He will likely go win a playoff game somewhere else. This team has had a lot of issues during his tenure and while he struggled at times he was not the real issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

I'd like to see the 49er pick him up personally but we'll see...SO Begs the Question what do the lions want for Him?

He's getting older but he's still very good and should have a few good years left.  I'd say that a first round pick would be fair to both sides, depending on how high the pick is.