Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford expected to part ways

Lionized

1 minute ago, HashtagFTW said:

The only way I’m ok with trading to Indy is if we can talk Andrew Luck into coming out of retirement and he’s coming back to us. 

Maybe it's just me but I don't really think we have as much of a market as one might think. I do think there will be bidders but there are other options out there.

1. Jacksonville - Lawrence (Draft)
  2. Jets - Any other QB (Draft) + Darnold
  3. Dolphins - Tua (Active); Watson (Trade)
  4. Falcons - 3rd QB (Draft) + Ryan
  5. Panthers - Bridgewater; 3rd - 4th QB (Draft)
  6. Broncos - Lock; Draft; Trade
  7. Cowboys - Dak
  8. 49ers - Jimmy G; Trade; Draft
  9. Patriots - Draft; Trade; Free Agency
  10. Washington
  11. Chicago - Trubisky; draft
  12. Steelers 
  13. Lions
  14. Texans
  15. Colts
  16. Packers

Potential Available QB's (not in a particular order)

1. Dak
  2. Darnold
  3. Tua
  4. Watson
  5. Ryan
  6. Rodgers (if he decides he's out of GB)
  7. Jameis
  8. Trubisky
  9. Stafford

Bridge/fringe starters

1. Fitzpatrick
  2. Lock
  3. Jimmy G
  4. Bridgewater
  5. Brissett
  6. Cam
  7. Dalton

Draft

1. Lawrence
  2. Fields
  3. Wilson
  4. Lance
  5. Jones
  6. Trask

That's 22 guys for 16 spots. 

1. Watson goes to Jets
  2. Darnold goes to Texans
  3. Dak signs with Cowboys
  4. Rodgers goes to 49ers
  5. Lawrence goes to Jags

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Hypothetically would give up all for Watson to? 

Maybe I'm in the minority but I wouldn't. It has nothing to do with Watson but everything to do with the rest of the team. 

If we were in a position to win with just QB play, that would've happened over the last 12 years. It hasn't. We need to build the team up and then surround a young QB with talent, especially a proper defense and run game. If you think that we aren't going to find someone as talented as some of the guys available in this draft, sure, go draft them at #7. However, understand that we need to do a better overall job at things. I wouldn't even rule out trading down from #7 depending on who is there and adding extra picks including future picks. If Zach Wilson is there, I'd probably take him at that spot but other than Trevor Lawrence I think I'd probably be more inclined to just move down. 

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Hypothetically would give up all for Watson to? 

I think I'd give more for Watson than Lawrence. He's 25. The contract isn't small, but he's young and he's one of the best QBs in the game. He's everything you could hope Trevor Lawrence would eventually become.

10 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I think I'd give more for Watson than Lawrence. He's 25. The contract isn't small, but he's young and he's one of the best QBs in the game. He's everything you could hope Trevor Lawrence would eventually become.

It feels like Watson is so much older than that.  I agree with what are saying hopefully Lawrence becomes Watson is but I don’t think we are in the business to make a move for either one of those qbs.  

20 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/01/25/rumor-cowboys-to-offer-pro-bowler-in-top-potential-trade-for-matthew-stafford/

I'll take #10 and Gallup. Yeah.

This is pretty much the best scenario I can hope for... Except I don't know if Stafford would win a championship there.

I think I would too. Gallup and Golladay, although Gallup is up for a contract after the 2021 season. (Maybe tag Golladay, grab Gallup and see what happens after one season?)

On 1/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, HashtagFTW said:

All I know is... I don’t want to draft a quarterback. That scares me more than anything. 

Personally I think it’s to early to draft a QB. I would be much happier if they sign a FA and use the draft to solve some of the other problems in the team.

Tyrod Taylor will likely get some consideration.

14 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Personally I think it’s to early to draft a QB. I would be much happier if they sign a FA and use the draft to solve some of the other problems in the team.

Tyrod Taylor will likely get some consideration.

Hell... I’d rather Rick with Cam Newton than draft a QB tbh