Free agents

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Not at all opposed to adding a veteran CB at the right price. We only have 3 with any experience. But I’m definitely aiming for my #2 starter in the draft.

If we can add Kazee/Hooker and maybe another solid vet on the DL, I'd be pretty okay with going into the draft and taking a CB. 

35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'd have thought by bringing in Neal and moving him to WLB, we'd be moving on from Jaylon...but that doesn't seem to be the case now. 

I guess it never hurts to have depth, but...see how it plays out I suppose.

Just now, D82 said:

I'd have thought by bringing in Neal and moving him to WLB, we'd be moving on from Jaylon...but that doesn't seem to be the case now. 

I guess it never hurts to have depth, but...see how it plays out I suppose.

I know everyone is super excited to move on from Jaylon. But I am all about a redemption tour now that Nolan is gone. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I know everyone is super excited to move on from Jaylon. But I am all about a redemption tour now that Nolan is gone. 

The thing is...Jaylon didn't look great before Nolan either. He had one really good year, and that's been it. 

47 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think Neal will play SS in base and LB in nickel, for the most part. SS is basically LB anyway in the most conventional Cover 3 looks

This is what I was saying when we hired Quinn was hired. If you could get his prototype for WLB and SS, they are probably just the same player.

I like the idea of playing Neal as the SS in base, and then replacing Jaylon at WLB in sub packages with Wilson filling in at SS. That gives you the flexibility to be pretty stout in the early downs, and get your biggest coverage liability (Jaylon) mostly out of harms way.

30 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s a really low bar for someone who could have saved us $7M against the cap, in an FA period where really good starters can be had for $5M.

This team loves to give money to average/below average players though. I mean, they kept Crawford around forever...just now got rid of Chris Jones, are keeping Jaylon and Zeke around...