Free agents

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s your prerogative. But it’s going to be a buyer’s market in FA this year. I’m not eager to give up picks for players that teams are trying to dump, before I see how that plays out.

Hes one of the better NTs in the game. If hes available for a late round pick. I do it 11 out of 10 times. 

21 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Hes one of the better NTs in the game. If hes available for a late round pick. I do it 11 out of 10 times. 

In most years, I’d agree. But with the cap going down so much this year, the trade market will likely be very low for players (other than QBs) with larger contracts. In fact, most players would also likely prefer one year deals because they can bet on themselves and then cash in on a vastly more lucrative deal in 2022. 

8 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Our FA market is going to be low with the pending Dak contract or Tag. So I’m not expecting anything significant as far as outside FA signings

We have plenty of flexibility to create room and sign players, regardless of what happens with Dak. Jerry and Stephen might decide not to, but that’s very different than not being able to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, quiller said:

SO Now Dak is done we need to hear how they get under the cap next, we are what 6M over. This will tell us just what $ is available to sign FA's.  I don't expect any news now tell after the draft.  

Free agency starts March 17, so you’ll definitely be hearing more news before the draft.

Some good restructure candidates:

-Amari Cooper $14M   
-DeMarcus Lawrence $12M   
-Zach Martin $7.5M

Some good cut candidates:

-Jaylon Smith $7.2M   
-Chris Jones $2M

There’s $43M without breaking a sweat, if you want it. You have some less palatable options with Tyron, Anthony Brown, and Zeke, too, that could net you another $18-$21M if you really needed it. 

I know a lot of people have expectations of a tier 1 FA. Just how many tier 1 FA have this franchise brought in over the past few decades. In terms of signing one I don’t remember any in recent times. Unless you count Coop. That is why I see nothing will be done tell after draft.  That’s just how Jones operates.  

5 minutes ago, quiller said:

I know a lot of people have expectations of a tier 1 FA. Just how many tier 1 FA have this franchise brought in over the past few decades. In terms of signing one I don’t remember any in recent times. Unless you count Coop. That is why I see nothing will be done tell after draft.  That’s just how Jones operates.  

I don’t expect it either tbh. But, they have to find some happy medium. FA hauls like the last few years aren’t benefiting the team.