Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Why are we wasting so much time on this Watson, trade. The Houston owner said as of now he has no intention of trading Watson. IF he starts to send out feelers out that is a different story.

incoming the "but jamal adams situation" responses. 

Well it would appear that this trade wont happen before FA. And I do understand as to why. HOU just like us probably wants to see these QBs in the draft throw at their pro days before deciding what they will do. Maybe they love both Wilson and Fields. Maybe they love just one of them, so they know they want a trade with us to guarantee that guy. Who knows.

I think this will hurt us in selling FAs to us. But it also can help if we do land guys. And if we get some good players on offense. Now if Watson likes the roster we built post FA, then he can push further for a trade to us.

I still think its mainly MIA and us as the likely trade partners. 

I think the Jets are really looking into is Darnold our guy still. I think the Jets will stay with Darnold and realize that he did not have his top 3 WR on the field at the sametime until week 14! They also know that the OL was pretty bad and it was never going to jell. Your stud LT was in and out of the line all season. Then you add he is 23 years old which is pretty much the same age as these QB coming out. Fields will be 22 March 5 and Wilson will be 22 Aug 3. I think they go with Sam this year and if he fall flat they have 2 first round picks next year to get their QB. If Sam does good they will sign him to a long term deal after next year. 

40 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets are really looking into is Darnold our guy still. I think the Jets will stay with Darnold and realize that he did not have his top 3 WR on the field at the sametime until week 14! They also know that the OL was pretty bad and it was never going to jell. Your stud LT was in and out of the line all season. Then you add he is 23 years old which is pretty much the same age as these QB coming out. Fields will be 22 March 5 and Wilson will be 22 Aug 3. I think they go with Sam this year and if he fall flat they have 2 first round picks next year to get their QB. If Sam does good they will sign him to a long term deal after next year. 

Where I do agree with this is, is that until one of these products blows them away. Darnold is there guy. And I do think a prospect has to blow them away big to do that. It won’t be as simple as Wilson or Fields > Darnold. The x favors if what could be done with that 2nd pick if we stay with Darnold play into it.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well it would appear that this trade wont happen before FA. And I do understand as to why. HOU just like us probably wants to see these QBs in the draft throw at their pro days before deciding what they will do. Maybe they love both Wilson and Fields. Maybe they love just one of them, so they know they want a trade with us to guarantee that guy. Who knows.

I think this will hurt us in selling FAs to us. But it also can help if we do land guys. And if we get some good players on offense. Now if Watson likes the roster we built post FA, then he can push further for a trade to us.

Carolina and SF still real threats that want him more. Yes we have the 2 pick and MIA has the 3 but I would put my money that either of those teams are more willing to pony up draft assets over us or MIA. MIA I would even put before us. Unless JD can make in 3 1s in sequential years we are not a big player for Watson.

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Carolina and SF still real threats that want him more. Yes we have the 2 pick and MIA has the 3 but I would put my money that either of those teams are more willing to pony up draft assets over us or MIA. MIA I would even put before us. Unless JD can make in 3 1s in sequential years we are not a big player for Watson.

I don’t think they are.  8th pick and what, 12th?  The Texans probably are going to want a QB with their first round pick - those 2 probably don’t allow them to do that.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Where I do agree with this is, is that until one of these products blows them away. Darnold is there guy. And I do think a prospect has to blow them away big to do that. It won’t be as simple as Wilson or Fields > Darnold. The x favors if what could be done with that 2nd pick if we stay with Darnold play into it.

There's also the opportunity cost of not trading Darnold now in a seller's market.

Would hate to see us pass on possibly getting a 1st for Darnold now and then having him suck again in 2021 and watching his trade value plummet and putting us in no-mans land at QB next year. The idea of selling high and letting our brand new coaching staff pick their guy and groom him their way from day 1 is so much more appealing than running it back with another year of someone that we have seen fail three times already. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You don’t think Carolina has a shot?  I can see them being the most aggressive to land Watson. It could be that Houston wants to see Lance and Jones as well. 

9 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Would hate to see us pass on possibly getting a 1st for Darnold

I think if someone would offer a FRP or even an early SRP Sam would be traded almost immediately. While I believe it is smart to wait until the draft prospects are properly evaluated, I believe they may already feel comfortable in drafting one of them if Sam can be traded for what I have mentioned. JD apparently loves his high draft picks. Being cautious in this case is good, being overly cautious could lead to missing the train. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

You don’t think Carolina has a shot?  I can see them being the most aggressive to land Watson. It could be that Houston wants to see Lance and Jones as well. 

I think they want him. But what they have to offer is quite a bit less than what us or MIA can offer. They still don't have a QB they love with a trade with them. Drafting 8th, there might be 43-4 QBs gone at least by then. And if CAR throws in Teddy. He isn't exciting anyone either.

HOU once they cave will I think only make a move with us or MIA is my guess.

20 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

It sure seems like we are going in that direction, and that is fine with me. No way I see Douglas  making some block buster trade at this point of time. The key to our entire draft is what he does with the # 2 pick in the draft, he has so many great options that he could do with what pick. 

Watson talking to the new HC and saying he will not play for them is the 1st if string moves from his and his camp. I expect the same to be done with the GM and owner in the next week or so.

HOU needs to come to reality and just trade him for the best package they can get to a team he will waive his no trade clause for.

I still have my doubts that that’s us. In fact I’d say we have less than a 25% chance of landing him. But regardless... HOU needs to trade him. If nothing else and JD won’t pony up the picks for Watson... he needs to drive that price up for MIA to possibly landing him. Bc I do think they’re the favorites for him.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

HOU needs to come to reality and just trade him for the best package they can get to a team he will waive his no trade clause for.

I am becoming more convinced that Houston will not trade him until close to or even after the start of the season. I have no  info to back it up. It is just a feeling that I have. McNair is going to play hard ball and hang onto his guy that is under contract. In other words, he will cut off his nose to spite his face. McNair just seems that arrogant and stubborn that he will test Watson’s resolve.

The good thing is that the Jets could still be one of the best trade partners because of the draft capital we will still have in 2022. Of course if we draft a QB at 2 that will eliminate our present need and it won’t happen but if we stick with Sam it could be a more realistic possibility. The cost then would be greatly reduced.

Imagine the following:  Watson holds out all off season. Misses the first 3 games. Houston fans take a page out the Jets fans playbook and hire a plane with a banner to fly over the stadium during game day along with billboards expressing their displeasure. Between weeks 3 and 4 a surprise announcement that Watson is traded to the NY Jets for a 2022 FRP and a 2023 SRP plus Sam. Jet fans rejoice. There is singing in the streets. World peace becomes reality. Life is good. 

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read some reports on EDGE ( old rotoworld) that Watson will be a Texan and Watson is not happy and will fight with them a lot. They said this could be a VERY VERY VERY long situation. This is not good for the Texans. 

If the don't trade him he will sit out until the last 6 games. And more than likely fake an injury or exaggerate the extent of an injury those last 6 games.