Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

16 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Our beat writers are terrible so I also put no stock into them aside from Connor Rodgers

its interesting though the Schefter told Greeny to not get his hopes up

So it seems to be Media vs Players on this down the middle, which is odd

I wonder if he told him not to get his hopes up because houston is gonna play hard ball and see if watson really sits out. 

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I wonder if he told him not to get his hopes up because houston is gonna play hard ball and see if watson really sits out. 

I think that's where it stems from since Houston has been rumored to not being interested in moving him. Cal McNair said at Caserio's presser he looks forward to speaking with Watson. Now that the trade request is official however its going to be interesting. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

******* hate Skip. Shocking how they can say other teams would give up less. Like what the hell are they on?! Surely with the 2nd overall pick it’s us who’d be giving up ‘less’ as we have the more premium pick. 

Like Iv said from the start i can only see it being us or Miami. No way SF, NE, Chicago or Denver could match us or Miami. They’d have to give up 6 first rounders to equal 3/4 from us. 

While I agree with you, just look around this forum and hop on some Texans boards. 4 1st from Carolina or Sf is viewed as better than 3 1st from NYJ or Miami. I’m surprised. But that’s the view.

Edited by SDotNova

20 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

While I agree with you, just look around this forum and hop on some Texans boards. 4 1st from Carolina or Sf is viewed as better than 3 1st from NYJ or Miami. I’m surprised. But that’s the view.

I know it’s a joke. They could trade that #2 for multiple further 1sts. Not loving the Schefter report about not getting hopes up....got a horrible feeling he’s going Miami. 

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know it’s a joke. They could trade that #2 for multiple further 1sts. Not loving the Schefter report about not getting hopes up....got a horrible feeling he’s going Miami. 

Right. I’m not getting my hopes up. I just don’t see JD being the type to send not just premium picks but also a high volume of picks. Like I think this is an either or type of situation.

Personally I think he goes to Carolina. As Bobby noted earlier, Denver might be a possibility. SF is a stretch but they can close that gap with Bosa being added which would make trading Watt more palatable to their fans. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Right. I’m not getting my hopes up. I just don’t see JD being the type to send not just premium picks but also a high volume of picks. Like I think this is an either or type of situation.

Personally I think he goes to Carolina. As Bobby noted earlier, Denver might be a possibility. SF is a stretch but they can close that gap with Bosa being added which would make trading Watt more palatable to their fans. 

49ers may be out on this sweepstakes because they have holes that were barely filled out by aging players. Losing 1st round pick and a several premium picks for just Watson won't restart 49ers.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

McShay is the man.    Watson is slightly better than Darnold. lol.

Haha. Some people still believe in Darnold. I think the Jets are one of them to be honest. If we don’t land Watson, I won’t be surprised if we trade back.

If we don’t land Watson, I’m taking Wilson at 2. But that’s just me.  Who knows what JD will do.

Edited by SDotNova

Until there’s some concrete trade talk it’s becoming very tidious. On nfl.com they have ‘six potential trade spots’ for Deshaun. 

-One **** has us trading all four 1st rounders plus two 2nds and Sam. 
-MJD then has Chicago giving up two 1sts, one 3rd and Nick Foles. 

It’s beyond stupid. 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Until there’s some concrete trade talk it’s becoming very tidious. On nfl.com they have ‘six potential trade spots’ for Deshaun. 

-One **** has us trading all four 1st rounders plus two 2nds and Sam. 
-MJD then has Chicago giving up two 1sts, one 3rd and Nick Foles. 

It’s beyond stupid. 

I don’t listen to any of those media clowns. That are doing nothing different than we are. Speculating and connecting what few dots exist.

The absolute most I'd trade for watson is both first this year, one first next year and Sam. It's a haul for the Texans, would could use 2 on a qb and flip Sam or trade two for aleast a pair of 1st rounders, keep Sam and sign a guy like Mariotta or Winston to compete. It's their best shot at recovering from this.