Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I could pretty much guarantee you they couldnt get Fields or Wilson at 8.

Agree with the both of you. They might not even be able to get Lance at 8. If Miami did not have the 3rd pick, we’d be sitting in a great position. As it stands, they can challenge us.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I could pretty much guarantee you they couldnt get Fields or Wilson at 8.

It would require one of us, ATL, and DET to pass on a QB or have their situation figured out beforehand, not impossible but not likely and certainly not something I would want to gamble on as the Texans GM.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s also ironic his “preferred” destinations are NYJ and MIA.. the two teams with the most assets. Makes you think Houston is who’s leaking that 

While that is coincidental, Watson does spend a lot of time near NYC, we do provide a massive marketing platform unlike any other city, and other players like Sherman are saying it as well.

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

While that is coincidental, Watson does spend a lot of time near NYC, we do provide a massive marketing platform unlike any other city, and other players like Sherman are saying it as well.

Yeah and Saleh is probably the biggest selling point we have for him.

I hope Shannon Sharpe is right 

37 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Agree with the both of you. They might not even be able to get Lance at 8. If Miami did not have the 3rd pick, we’d be sitting in a great position. As it stands, they can challenge us.

There will always be a QB that falls. One of those QB's will be Wilson, Fields or Lance. One of them will fall out of the top 10. You have seen it time and time agian from Rodgers dropping to Geno Smith, and Josh Rosen. Now i know Rosen and Smith are not good but at the time Geno was talked up as a top QB and so was Rosen. 

18 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

There will always be a QB that falls. One of those QB's will be Wilson, Fields or Lance. One of them will fall out of the top 10. You have seen it time and time agian from Rodgers dropping to Geno Smith, and Josh Rosen. Now i know Rosen and Smith are not good but at the time Geno was talked up as a top QB and so was Rosen. 

That’s true. It’s a risk though. Well hopefully they do well. Aside from us and Cleveland, they’re probably one of the most battered fanbase. They’ve definitely taking the lead in that regards. But we’ve been a **** show for longer.

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Pretty strong words. Kind of confirms the hunch most of us have that Joe Douglas is not going to aggressively pursue Watson. On to the draft. We’re sticking with Darnold (that’s a guess) boys. Lol.

Yeah I’ve moved on. He doesn’t seem like the type that will give up the farm for anyone. Whether or not that’s a good thing for a 25 year old FQB is a different conversation.

Update: apparently that tweet is off base and they never said that 

Edited by GangGreen420

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah I’ve moved on. He doesn’t seem like the type that will give up the farm for anyone. Whether or not that’s a good thing for a 25 year old FQB is a different conversation.

Update: apparently that tweet is off base and they never said that 

Oh. Ok. Lets keep the hope alive.

Got to take this offseason in stride. We missed out on Lawrence. We may miss out on Watson. Come draft day, we may trade back. I don’t think I’ve seen a GM with this much conviction. Maybe Chris Ballard? Ballard said he’s not taking a QB until he finds the right one.

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Pretty strong words. Kind of confirms the hunch most of us have that Joe Douglas is not going to aggressively pursue Watson. On to the draft. We’re sticking with Darnold (that’s a guess) boys. Lol.

I kind of figured this out. I think JD put his offer in as like pick #23 next years first round pick and few other picks for him. i really don't think we offered the #2 pick the more I think. JD loves the draft and does very well on picking guys. I still think JD see's Sam as a very good starting QB and is thinking there is no diffrence between Sam, Wilson or Fields. Why waste draft capital on a move that does not make your team better. I think our offer is in and it is the final offer. Texans and the fans are goibg to be really disappointed when they see they do not get as much as they thought for him. 

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Blake Arnold is no one. I still stand by that JD isn't showing his cards. These reporters are saying this bc JD is being hush hush about things. That's the way he operates. Which is the way a FO should. Their shouldn't be leaks. Whether or not he will pony up the price for Watson is a different story. But to think we wont be in on this is foolish IMO. HOU will reach out to us for the 2nd pick.

32 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

That is interesting because we have by far the best trade offer for the Texans. If they don't go for Watson, are they in love with a QB prospect in this draft with the 2nd pick? 

I think it won’t be that they love a guy. I actually see us if anything sticking with Darnold and trading back, acquiring more picks and drafting Smith, Chase or Sewell in a trade back. Adding more ammo to help the offense and Darnold.

If we don’t make a move for Watson... I think it’s that JD just values the picks a lot. Not that he loves a QB in the draft.

For me. I’m trading up to 3 1sts and a tiny more for him. Anything more than that... let another team get him. With us at the 2nd pick... that’s what our offer should be. That 2nd pick in itself is worth multiple 1sts from other teams. And that needs to be explained to HOU in an offer.