Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

3 first round picks over 3 years ... and whatever we comp for darnold is prob our celing for an offer ... anyone wants to out do that ... they can be my guest ...

5-6 first round picks + a player I’ve been hearing is insane ... 

Other than maybe Miami who can come close to that offer when you account for #2 overall in that mix 

I feel JD is smart enough to know how valuable that 2nd pick is.

For example if HOU were to say CAR is offering them 4 1st round picks... JDs response should be... well our pick is worth quite a bit more. Based on a pick trade chart we are 1200 points more valuable than that pick. What’s 800pts? Our 23rd pick on its own is worth (760). So what does all this mean? Well I’ll lay it out like this... our 2nd, 23rd and 34th pick add up to a value of 3,920 points. So what does that equate to? Well if we were to sell the farm for this just 1 draft... those 3 picks in themselves would equal a value of a team trading 3 1st round picks at the 10th pick. What does just 2 and 23 equate to? 3,360. What’s that equate to?  3 1st rounders averaging the 14th pick. These are all things JD should explain. Letting HOU know just how valuable that 2nd pick is.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I just hate the idea of being without a FRP in 2021, 2022 or 2023. If I could be absolutely sure we would be picking in the 20’s in 2022 and 2023, I would be more amenable. 

That’s assuming we trade 5 1’s including the #2? I think Watson will cost more than expected, but that’s a stretch ..

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

That’s assuming we trade 5 1’s including the #2? I think Watson will cost more than expected, but that’s a stretch ..

I did not make the assumption of 5 FRP’s. I used the conjunction “or”. I meant I do not want to be without a FRP in any of those three years which 3 FRP would dictate. If we only give up 2 FRP, we will still have a first for the next 3 years. I did not mean NOT having a FRP for the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

Just the idea of giving away multiple first round picks is insane. The idea of the 2021 draft was to rebuild the Jets roster. We have to many holes to fill and that is not going to happen with out our high draft picks we have . With the money we have for free agent pickups and our five draft pick in the first 100 players in the draft will go a long way to build our roster. If Douglas wants to give up the second overall pick in the draft to get Watson that is fine, but no multiple first round picks. And all you mock drafters should be dead against the idea of giving away our top draft picks, and don't think for a minute we are going to rebuild our roster with late round picks, the last five year has been a disaster with late round picks. We built of Super Bowl winning team thru the drafts. Deep down most of the people on this board know the only way to build a team is thru  the draft.

if houston is trading Watson, they would want the highest pick possible to get the next best QB after Lawrence.  sure, miami could offer 3 and whatever their later 1st round pick is - but that most likely eliminates another QB, likely Fields or Wilson.  if the jets were to offer pick 2, i'd imagine that would pique houston's interest. 

i've said for a while: #2, 2022 seattle 1st, 2021 seattle 3rd and 2022 seattle 3rd.

17 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

if houston is trading Watson, they would want the highest pick possible to get the next best QB after Lawrence.  sure, miami could offer 3 and whatever their later 1st round pick is - but that most likely eliminates another QB, likely Fields or Wilson.  if the jets were to offer pick 2, i'd imagine that would pique houston's interest. 

i've said for a while: #2, 2022 seattle 1st, 2021 seattle 3rd and 2022 seattle 3rd.

We only have SEA 3rd this year

6 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

oh.  then our 3rd. who cares, just get watson. haha

I think if we can spread out our 1sts we offer them that’s the best. Don’t give up 2 and 23 this year. Do 2 this year, a 1st next year and a 1st the following year. That leaves us with no 1st in 2023. That shouldn’t hurt us too much. Still leaves us 23, 34 this year (plus what we trade Darnold for) and SEA 1st next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think if we can spread out our 1sts we offer them that’s the best. Don’t give up 2 and 23 this year. Do 2 this year, a 1st next year and a 1st the following year. That leaves us with no 1st in 2023. That shouldn’t hurt us too much. Still leaves us 23, 34 this year (plus what we trade Darnold for) and SEA 1st next year.

it might be overthinking things, but i'm almost inclined to trade 2 and 23 this year.  i'm seriously wondering if not having a real combine is going to hurt NFL teams in scouting players.  i wonder if picks this year have a bit of a negative attached to them as more of a risk this year.

all that said, i would prefer to not trade 23 as well.

Edited by Heymangold

Don't get your hopes up, agents always use, USE, N.Y. to get what they want for their clients.

Watson would surely change the NFL landscape for whichever team trades for him.

I'm sure teams, including the Jets have had informal/formal contact with the Texans as has every other team

in the NFL.

The only question the Jets should ask is this " if you decide to trade Watson, and we're one of his preferred destinations of choice, what will it take?"

Thats the question, forget about what all these sports show celebrities are saying. 

Everything from 3 number 1's to 4 number 1's, to 4 and key players etc.

Houston will be asking for the moon, and Miami and the Jets have the assets to pull off a trade.

Now we hear that the Jets are not his first choice, but Miami.

Don't get your hopes up only to have your expectations shattered.

Sometimes the trades you don't make turn out to be the best thing that happens.

Some have even speculated that Trevor Lawrence could be trade bate for Texas, they have more than enough ammo and the fanbase would be more than satisfied.

Relax, dial it down a bit, and let's allow this thing to play out.

Watson had a great stats year, but the bottom line was Houston had a bad roster and the team ended up 4-12, the same thing will happen if we give up all those draft picks  some people want to give them and he is on our roster next year. No way in the world will Douglas let that happen.

58 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yes. It's a QB driven league and we don't have one.  

I do get this side of it... but we’ve given Darnold nothing to work with. So he has been pissing into the wind for 3 years now. What would getting a new QB do that would make it any different? Get them talent around them? Well maybe we should try that with a guy already on the roster 1st.

If Darnold is truly that awful we will be drafting high again next year.

• Like 1