Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

The key question JD is going to have to answer is how much are the Dolphins willing to give up.

Are the Dolphins a QB away? I don’t think so. I have no idea how that roster won 10 games. Flores should have been coach of the year. So they may not go all in. Like us, they probably top out at 3 1st.

Like some have said, the #2 pick carries a lot of weight. In relative to the 3rd pick since it’ll mean you may not get either of your top 2 QBs.

Than it’s also figuring out what the minimum the Texans are willing to accept.

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

The key question JD is going to have to answer is how much are the Dolphins willing to give up.

Are the Dolphins a QB away? I don’t think so. I have no idea how that roster won 10 games. Flores should have been coach of the year. So they may not go all in. 

Like some have said, the #2 pick carries a lot of weight. In relative to the 3rd pick since it’ll mean you may not get either of your top 2 QBs.

Either Wilson or Fields replacing Watson at QB will kill #2 value.  Texans have no reason to do that way unless they fall in love with either prospect during scouting months.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Either Wilson or Fields replacing Watson at QB will kill #2 value.  Texans have no reason to do that way unless they fall in love with either prospect during scouting months.

My guess is we would include Darnold in the deal as insurance.

I think it'll be both 1sts this year and 1 next year + Darnold and a late round pick....if it happens. I dont see JD as the type to sell the farm for a quick fix. JD has shown to be exceptionally shrewd when it comes to trades. 

I'd Expect Miamis offer to be eerily similar to ours. I think if they matched our offer (sub Darnold for Tua and our picks for theirs) I might actually prefer their package to ours.  

Edited by KodiakThunder
Addendum

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Are the Dolphins a QB away? I don’t think so. I have no idea how that roster won 10 games. Flores should have been coach of the year. So they may not go all in. Like us, they probably top out at 3 1st.

The angle JD should be playing if this ever comes to fruition is....

Tell HOU we are going QB at 2. Therefor the package for 3 isn't as good. Bc they then know 2/3 of the top 3 QBs are gone. Even if we do plan on sticking with Darnold unless we get Watson, don't tell HOU that. Tell them we're going QB. And don't tell them who we like either. They might like 1 more than the other. And if we act like we love both. That makes them want our pick to get their guy, not risk who falls to them at 3. This makes our package more intriguing than MIAs. What we also don't have that MIA does, is the tail between the legs for HOU. Remember that this MIA pick was actually HOUs. To trade Watson to just get the pick that was yours... just looks bad to a fan base. Our offer is just a clean fresh offer. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I see a report that if we miss out on Watson look for the Jets to trade for Stafford 

Jets trade #2 overall 

For

stafford and #7 overall 

Please god no

also, it cost us 3 2nd round picks to move from 6 to 3, so the value should be even greater than that. Is a team going to trade the equivalent of (4) 2nd round picks for Stafford? I doubt it 

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

Just now, xrade said:

That may be too obvious to Houston. I like the idea but maybe a better tactic is to “leak” the info that we are staying at 2 and taking a QB. 

JD isn’t a “leak info” type guy. He’s a talk on the phone or zoom to HOU type guy. And talk business. See where they’re at. HOU sees where he’s at. And have a starting point 

I am curious why anyone thinks Miami wants to get rid of Tua and trade for Watson. Did a Miami coach or FO person say something? Was Tua’s half season with a worse WR corp than the Jets coming off a big injury so epically bad?  I really would love to know if there is real substance behind Miami’s interest or if fans are just reacting to media hacks mindless opinions. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JD isn’t a “leak info” type guy. He’s a talk on the phone or zoom to HOU type guy. And talk business. See where they’re at. HOU sees where he’s at. And have a starting point 

I agree but that is my point. If JD tells Houston we are staying at 2 to pick a QB unless the offer if more reasonable for the Jets, it may be too disingenuous. JD would never let people outside the family know what he’s thinking. I am sure Houston knows that. The “leak” would need to come from a lower level FO person with JD’s full denial following shortly thereafter.

I love spy movies and movies with far fetched, elaborate plots that always work out, like the Oceans Eleven trilogy. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I doubt JD makes the move but I’d be all for it. Just seems like a move he wouldn’t do.

Stafford is a move he probably would not do unless he drafts a future starting QB. Watson is a move anyone would do. It has just never really happened before. Not that I can remember. This is new territory for the NFL.  About the only way JD does not acquire Watson is if the price is more than he is willing to pay. He will not be persuaded to give up more than he is comfy in doing. That is the only reason I would see us not getting Watson.  

This is what is prompting all the discussions. Will JD give into Houston’s demands or will he stand fast at his max price point? What is the cost and JD’s max price point?