Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

Here's how I see this.  Not many teams can touch our offer.  I fact really only one can unless a team just does something crazy and mortgages their next 3 drafts which isn't out of the question I suppose.

Our number 2 is the key.  Hou knows they need a young QB to replace Watson and we can give them that along with MIA.  No I don't think Tua is the answer for them.  Not sure what HOU would do with 8 from Car or 12 from SF.  Maybe they like Lance or Mac Jones but 2 holds a ton of weight.

I'm not into giving up Q.  I'm not totally against it but I'm not giving up 3 firsts and Q.  We aren't bidding against ourselves here.  I think #2, Sea 2022 1st, our 2023 first, #34, and a 2022 2nd is more than enough and unlikely to be rivaled by another team.  If we had to throw in a guy like Aston Davis or JFM so be it but that's 3 first and 2 seconds and a young player.  Q isn't getting added to that package I'm sorry HOU.  

Other teams would have to offer the same amount of picks plus Nick Bosa or someone like that to surpass our offer because of how valuable #2 is.  I can't see a team doing that but who knows.

I think our offer is fair for both sides.  Hou gets there choice of Wilson or Fields plus 4 other premium picks and a young safety/ DL player to kick start the rebuild.

That leaves us with an all pro 25 year old QB, about 65M in cap space, #23, hopefully we recoop a 2 for Sam, and two 3rds.  That's 4 picks in the top 100 still this year and a 1st and two 3rds next year.  We'd be in great shape moving forward still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Interesting thing could be for us to offer a package and Q and ask for JJ in return. So plugging that hole we would have trading Q, but in reality helping HOU with cap. Maybe lowering the pick value we'd have to give up by giving them a guy on a rookie deal for a guy that will be 32 and getting paid a ton. 

So let’s see. We trade a young, up and coming, relatively cheap player for a 32 year old player on the down side making $17M. Nope.

Houston can just cut JJ and save the $17M. Why in the world would we trade for him?  If we want to offset the extra cap hit Houston would take in trading Watson, there are cheaper options. So, again, big nope.

Edited by xrade

On 1/30/2021 at 3:04 PM, Rockice_8 said:

Darnold is probably Jimmy G at his best.  A guy that in a perfect situation can get you deep into the playoffs but the second you need him can't come through or throws a bad pick.

Jimmy G feel apart once the situation wasn't perfect.  I'm not looking for Jimmy G at QB for the next decade.

Allen had elite tools and is the rare exception to the rule.  Most guys don't breakout like that.  It's a testament to him.  Sam isn't going to be a MVP candidate in 2 years if we put him in a great situation he's just not.  Hoping for that is just a bad idea.

Allen I think is way over rated, the guys throws are all over the place. Yes he is athletic, yes he has a rocket arm and he can hit his receivers. But like NE who the heck is Buffalo playing against for 6 games N.E., Jets, Miami, of the 8 games 5 are winnable . This is how NE's dynasty was formed year in and year out.

I'm not on the Allen bandwagon, but the kid has talent. If only the Jets had that talent. But Joe Douglas has had only one draft class to his credit.

He has hired what looks to be a very good head coaching candidate in Saleh and his staff. Give Darnold one of the best Defenses in the league, and a more than good offense and lets see what he can do.

Be it Watson, or Wilson, or Darnold, going forward the foundation is beginning to be built.

As for Darnold being J.G. at his best I don't think is a fair assessment. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Here's how I see this.  Not many teams can touch our offer.  I fact really only one can unless a team just does something crazy and mortgages their next 3 drafts which isn't out of the question I suppose.

Our number 2 is the key.  Hou knows they need a young QB to replace Watson and we can give them that along with MIA.  No I don't think Tua is the answer for them.  Not sure what HOU would do with 8 from Car or 12 from SF.  Maybe they like Lance or Mac Jones but 2 holds a ton of weight.

I'm not into giving up Q.  I'm not totally against it but I'm not giving up 3 firsts and Q.  We aren't bidding against ourselves here.  I think #2, Sea 2022 1st, our 2023 first, #34, and a 2022 2nd is more than enough and unlikely to be rivaled by another team.  If we had to throw in a guy like Aston Davis or JFM so be it but that's 3 first and 2 seconds and a young player.  Q isn't getting added to that package I'm sorry HOU.  

Other teams would have to offer the same amount of picks plus Nick Bosa or someone like that to surpass our offer because of how valuable #2 is.  I can't see a team doing that but who knows.

I think our offer is fair for both sides.  Hou gets there choice of Wilson or Fields plus 4 other premium picks and a young safety/ DL player to kick start the rebuild.

That leaves us with an all pro 25 year old QB, about 65M in cap space, #23, hopefully we recoop a 2 for Sam, and two 3rds.  That's 4 picks in the top 100 still this year and a 1st and two 3rds next year.  We'd be in great shape moving forward still.

Where logically I totally agree with you. HOU probably wants quantity more so than quality. If WAS offers them a ton of picks I think they choose that. WE know #2 is very valuable and so do they. But they probably see it as they need pretty much everything... so the more assets the better. Not the quality of the assets. 

This is why I think he doesn’t get traded this year. I think the trade offers are not going to be there and it’s best for them to try and repair the situation. His trade value is not going down just like Jamal’s didn’t. 

2 1st, 2 2nd and Q plus say JFM is a lot for a team with as many holes as we have. Yes, we still have some draft capital and cap space, but we’d have to hit on an above average number of draft picks in order to plug our holes. 3Tech, 2 Edge Rushers, 1 Corner, #1 WR would be needs at the premium positions. Then we’d also need TE, RB and Guard at the non premium positions. Even if you address WR and Guard in FA, we’re still talking about a defense that needs help across the board.

It’s going to get noisy but I think he stays in Houston. 

Edited by SDotNova

6 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I think he gets traded to us or Miami ...

#2 1st in 2022 1st in 2023 .. 2nd in 2021 + whatever we flip darnold for

or Miami #3 tua/or whatever tua gets traded for ... 1st in 2022 2023 

If we do that how do will fill the holes in our roster. Watson was 4-12 last year If we did make that trade he would be 4-13 with us next year.

The more I think about it the more I want to pass on the Watson trade. Houston wants pretty much the moon for this guy. I would give a hard stand on this

#2 pick this year and a first round pcik in 2022 and in 2023. This is what I would offer and it still gives us plenty of picks this year and next and only miss a first round pick in 2023. I hope by 2023 we are good and that pick is in the 20's. 

On a side note that the Rams willl not have a pick in the first round for 7 stright years. When they drafted Goff #1 they have not had a first round since and will not after trading for Stafford. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I think about it the more I want to pass on the Watson trade. Houston wants pretty much the moon for this guy. I would give a hard stand on this

#2 pick this year and a first round pcik in 2022 and in 2023. This is what I would offer and it still gives us plenty of picks this year and next and only miss a first round pick in 2023. I hope by 2023 we are good and that pick is in the 20's. 

On a side note that the Rams willl not have a pick in the first round for 7 stright years. When they drafted Goff #1 they have not had a first round since and will not after trading for Stafford. 

100% with you. I like that offer which is essentially 4 1s. If they say no I would hang up and look to draft a QB.

Another thing I was thinking is why don't the Jets call Jacksonville and see what they want for the #1 pick. You figure with all the first roind picks being thrown around what would it take to move from 2 to 1. Maybe Jags so no but why not take a look and see what they want. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Another thing I was thinking is why don't the Jets call Jacksonville and see what they want for the #1 pick. You figure with all the first roind picks being thrown around what would it take to move from 2 to 1. Maybe Jags so no but why not take a look and see what they want. 

Why would JAX not want to just draft TLaw?