Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

Just now, Bobby816 said:

If Thuney even wants to come here. The interest has to be mutual. He seemed value in Perriman over Robby last year and how did that go? Not good. At least he’s recognized that as a mistake, which I give him credit for. But his teachers and all are people that don’t overpay. And when we can’t sell a player a winning franchise. We have to overpay to get guys in FA to come. But our GM doesn’t like doing business like that

How did he value Perriman over Robby? He signed Perriman after Robby walked. If Robby took the deal he offered then Robby stays here. 

I'm against overpaying for anyone, it never works out, ever. We need to draft well, find good deals in free agency and when you do that and start winning you can sell a player a winning franchise. 

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Don’t know how connected he is but Chris Simms is adamant Watson will refuse to ever play another down for Houston again, even if he has to sit out the entire season.

Keep in mind, fines for missing preseason games and practices can no longer be rescinded.  Once the loss in revenue starts rolling around, some players change their minds. Only 3 players since 1994 have ever sat out a full season to get what they want. Watson will need to really be determined. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Keep in mind, fines for missing preseason games and practices can no longer be rescinded.  Once the loss in revenue starts rolling around, some players change their minds. Only 3 players since 1994 have ever sat out a full season to get what they want. Watson will need to really be determined. 

All Watson needs is a "bad back" team cant force him to play and medically speaking cant prove whether or not something is wrong with him or not. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All Watson needs is a "bad back" team cant force him to play and medically speaking cant prove whether or not something is wrong with him or not. 

HOU is messing up by not taking his request seriously either. He wants out. The more the GM says that he's part of the plans... the worse it gets. Just trade him. I expect Watson to really push for a trade after the SB and pre FA. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I know. There are a few things he can do.  If the league allows players to sit because if Covid, that, too, is an option. But besides Covid, it opens up a potential fight over bonus money if he says his back hurts and then miraculously recovers after he is traded.

My whole point was that in years past players could sit out but recoup their money when they rejoined the team. That is no longer an option. Watson will lose $ by sitting without hope of recovery.

I just read that Adam Schef THINKS the Jets will get a late first round pick for Sam. I have said this from the start that Sam is worth a late first or a second plus. I don't know what it is but the NFL GM's love Sam. I think he still can be a very good QB who can be a top 10 guy in the NFL. There have also been reports that the Texans want nothing to do with Tua. This means that Miami is going to have to give up even more than us when they have pick 3 and Texans don't want Tua and the Jets can give pick 2 and most likely Sam. I for one am still sticking with pick 2 and Seattle pick next year with a second round pick next year. If you want Sam than it is Sam pick 2 and Seattle pick next year. If they say no then go into the draft with Sam and try to figure out is Sam better, equal or worse than Wilson and Fields. I for one think Sam is either better or equal to them so I would stick with Sam. Sam made some good throws last year but did not grow as much as we wished he did. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read that Adam Schef THINKS the Jets will get a late first round pick for Sam. I have said this from the start that Sam is worth a late first or a second plus. I don't know what it is but the NFL GM's love Sam. I think he still can be a very good QB who can be a top 10 guy in the NFL. There have also been reports that the Texans want nothing to do with Tua. This means that Miami is going to have to give up even more than us when they have pick 3 and Texans don't want Tua and the Jets can give pick 2 and most likely Sam. I for one am still sticking with pick 2 and Seattle pick next year with a second round pick next year. If you want Sam than it is Sam pick 2 and Seattle pick next year. If they say no then go into the draft with Sam and try to figure out is Sam better, equal or worse than Wilson and Fields. I for one think Sam is either better or equal to them so I would stick with Sam. Sam made some good throws last year but did not grow as much as we wished he did. 

An interesting angle for the Jets could be to include Darnold in a trade if HOU does like him. And then with that 2nd pick trade back Bc they want more draft picks. If Sam equates to a late 1st. Maybe all we have to give up is Sam, #2 and a 1st next year. For me you make that deal without hesitation 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

HOU is messing up by not taking his request seriously either. He wants out. The more the GM says that he's part of the plans... the worse it gets. Just trade him. I expect Watson to really push for a trade after the SB and pre FA. 

Yup and as teams begin to do what the Rams did and fill their QB void they'll have less suitors. 

49ers will add Cousins, Dolphins will move on, Saints and Steelers will add vets, Pats will bring back Jimmy G, Dak goes back to Dallas and now they're even more screwed. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup and as teams begin to do what the Rams did and fill their QB void they'll have less suitors. 

49ers will add Cousins, Dolphins will move on, Saints and Steelers will add vets, Pats will bring back Jimmy G, Dak goes back to Dallas and now they're even more screwed. 

You are right.  The longer the Texans wait the less teams and leverage they will have with other teams.   I will expect a deal to be made after the Superbowl and before free agency begins.   Jets can wait and let Watson pressure the Texans to make the trade.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Report today is now that he doesn’t have a priority list on who he wants to be traded to.

Yeah I heard he doesn’t care who as long as it isn’t Houston. I still thinks he prefers Saleh and the Jets, but he is not going to limit himself if he wants out bad enough.