Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

Here is my blockbuster trade deal.

3-way deal between Jets,Texans and 49ers

Jets get Deshaun Watson , JJ Watt and SF (2021 5th round pick)

Texans get #2 , #12 (From SF) and #34

49ers get Sam Darnold, #23 and Hou (4th round pick)

Jets get their QB and pass rusher Texans had to cut or trade anyway.

Texans get picks to rebuild with this year. 

49ers get a potential starter in Sam Darnold as they move down in the 1st round.  Sam Darnold is happy to go back to the west coast.

2 minutes ago, famousj said:

I just don’t get why the Jets would want a past his prime player who won’t play in 16 games for $17M. Texas can just dump him with no hit.  This does not sound like a JD move. I can see the Jets taking a less than productive player to offset the Watson cap hit. Someone like Johnson. 

37 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think the Texans can just simply cut him to free the cap space 

They can. Hence the reason for JD not wanting him. It does not help Houston or the Jets. 

Edited by xrade

8 hours ago, xrade said:

Yeah I heard he doesn’t care who as long as it isn’t Houston. I still thinks he prefers Saleh and the Jets, but he is not going to limit himself if he wants out bad enough. 

Have to think HOU wants us in too Bc of all Our picks. 

11 hours ago, famousj said:

Here is my blockbuster trade deal.

3-way deal between Jets,Texans and 49ers

Texans get #2 , #12 (From SF) and #34

49ers get Sam Darnold, #23 and Hou (4th round pick)

Jets get their QB and pass rusher Texans had to cut or trade anyway.

Texans get picks to rebuild with this year. 

49ers get a potential starter in Sam Darnold as they move down in the 1st round.  Sam Darnold is happy to go back to the west coast.

So funny you posted that because I was thinking about Sam and 34 for 12.

I think SF is getting too much.  They need to get 34 and HOU should get our 1st next year and maybe a young player like Davis.  Hou would then get 2, 12, and our 1st next year plus Davis.  

That seems fair for everyone involved.

So weird that 3 team trades are not a thing in the NFL though.

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So funny you posted that because I was thinking about Sam and 34 for 12.

I think SF is getting too much.  They need to get 34 and HOU should get our 1st next year and maybe a young player like Davis.  Hou would then get 2, 12, and our 1st next year plus Davis.  

That seems fair for everyone involved.

So weird that 3 team trades are not a thing in the NFL though.

Would be an interesting trade to work a 3rd team in and work Darnold in the deal too. 

We may not have to add a third team. Assuming Josh McCown likes Sam Darnold, and assuming he is hired to coach the QBs or some other title with the Texans, then I think we might be able to get a deal done. 

If Houston likes Josh Wilson or Justin Fields more than Darnold, then maybe we can find a third team to do the deal. Otherwise, we might not have to.

Adding Watt to reduce the number of picks we surrender is a great idea imo. We still need bodies, we still need to bring in talent. And if Watson and Watt have a solid relationship, Watt could be a strong leader for this team. He could be very good for not only Watson and Saleh, but also for guys like Williams and Fotukasi. Watt could play that Armstead role in this defense.

I love the idea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If this did happen I wouldn’t be shocked if Caserio resigned

Not only would the Texans be less likely to get a great deal, if their newly hired GM who came highly respected resigns...that job would be blacklisted. Mike Macagnan would be the best they could do. 

47 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Yikes, the Texans organization is a disaster. 

This course of action is almost unthinkable. I am pretty sure the Watson saga came up in the interview with Caserio. Since Caserio was hired you would assume Cal would agree with Caserio’s game plan. Unless Caserio deviated from the plan, I just can’t see Cal and his ***** doing something so damaging to the organization.