Watson trade talk!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

And SF is too far back. It’ll be hard for them to get to #2

SF is in an interesting position. They really are just a QB away. They are $13M under the cap but it may still not be enough to afford Watson. They may be willing to move up enough to secure Lance. Moving to 2 or 3 may be prohibitive but to move to the  5-7 range is possible. They will need to jump Carolina at 8.  Imagine the Jets moving down to 8 then moving down to 12. That would be a lot of draft picks. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

SF is in an interesting position. They really are just a QB away. They are $13M under the cap but it may still not be enough to afford Watson. They may be willing to move up enough to secure Lance. Moving to 2 or 3 may be prohibitive but to move to the  5-7 range is possible. They will need to jump Carolina at 8.  Imagine the Jets moving down to 8 then moving down to 12. That would be a lot of draft picks. 

If this did happen that means you are sticking with Sam. If the Jets do this I hope D. Smith is there and we grab a bunch of first and second round picks. 

20 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If this did happen that means you are sticking with Sam. If the Jets do this I hope D. Smith is there and we grab a bunch of first and second round picks. 

Smith is likely off the board if we drop to 8. Chase may be available pending the impact of sitting out a year. Dropping again to 12 probably means taking a d player first and loading up on offensive guys with the picks we'd get from the trade downs.

7 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Smith is likely off the board if we drop to 8. Chase may be available pending the impact of sitting out a year. Dropping again to 12 probably means taking a d player first and loading up on offensive guys with the picks we'd get from the trade downs.

I don't think Chase or Smith are going as high as people think. Chase sat out a year which will drop his stock and Smith being so small will push him down too. I also think that most teams don't value WR as much as OL, DL, QB. I think these you will see pretty mush the top 8 picks filled with these guy. You might even have top 10. 

8 minutes ago, drew39k said:

D would probably be the pick unless they like Pitts, I certainly do. Assuming we get a top WR in FA and a top iOL, going for D may be the way to go at 12 if they stick with Sam.  I have no problem waiting until waiting until later in the first or second and going Marshall, Bateman or Toney. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think Chase or Smith are going as high as people think. Chase sat out a year which will drop his stock and Smith being so small will push him down too. I also think that most teams don't value WR as much as OL, DL, QB. I think these you will see pretty mush the top 8 picks filled with these guy. You might even have top 10. 

I can’t argue with your points but if you look at the needs of the top 10 teams, I count at least three (excluding the Jets) that can use a WR; Miami, Bengals, Philly. I can’t see Smith and/or Chase getting past them. I also can’t see either of those teams passing on Sewell, but that still leaves at least two of them that could target WR. 

15 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Just trade watson already. 

Looks like the Texans are trying to do what ever they can to keep Watson happy. I think they took calls on Watson and did not like the offers and pretty much out priced Watson. 

The guy plugged in with the Texans just said HOU would only trade Watson to the Jets and made it sound like they wanted Sam back as part of the deal.  I can't post the tweet but maybe someone can grab it and post it.

He did say they didn't want to trade Watson though and continue to have that stance still but if they did it would be to the Jets.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

The guy plugged in with the Texans just said HOU would only trade Watson to the Jets and made it sound like they wanted Sam back as part of the deal.  I can't post the tweet but maybe someone can grab it and post it.

He did say they didn't want to trade Watson though and continue to have that stance still but if they did it would be to the Jets.

Heard that on Michael Kaye too.  He sits out, he sucks it up and plays or he's traded to the Jets.  Sounds like the options.

If they really want Sam then #2, Sam, future 1st. Maybe throw in another 3rd. Then Houston can trade down with Carolina or someone and grab more futures and 2nd rounders this year.

Theoretically they can get something like

Sam

2nd round

3rd round

Car 2022

Jets 2022

plus

And even though we would have Watson and Carolina would be getting their QBoF neither of us are guaranteed to go above .500

That makes sense. I never bought into these others teams being serious options for Houston. This is partly the reason why I don’t think he gets traded. I can’t see JD budging and Houston wants the moon. So Watson either stays or get traded to the Jets for a deal their fans will revolt against.

The #2 has always been a prime pick. Pretending it’s just any first was pipe dream.

Edited by SDotNova

Hard to tell what to believe with what this HOU reporter said...

Id say there’s no validity to it.

And here’s why....

Why would HOU pigeon hole themself to just 1 trade partner? Really the only way to get more out of a team is to have multiple suitors and create a bidding war. With his quotes there is no competition besides them convincing him to stay (which I believe is far fetched).

He didn’t just coincidentally mention us. We have the 2nd pick. That’s why we were mentioned. I don’t think there’s been any talks with HOU regarding Watson. Watsons team has a few others tricks up their sleeves I think to really show HOU he’s not playing there anymore before he gets traded. And at that stage I don’t think they’re only listening to us. It will be several teams bidding for him.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hard to tell what to believe with what this HOU reporter said...

Id say there’s no validity to it.

And here’s why....

Why would HOU pigeon hole themself to just 1 trade partner? Really the only way to get more out of a team is to have multiple suitors and create a bidding war. With his quotes there is no competition besides them convincing him to stay (which I believe is far fetched).

He didn’t just coincidentally mention us. We have the 2nd pick. That’s why we were mentioned. I don’t think there’s been any talks with HOU regarding Watson. Watsons team has a few others tricks up their sleeves I think to really show HOU he’s not playing there anymore before he gets traded. And at that stage I don’t think they’re only listening to us. It will be several teams bidding for him.

I thunk we are beyond the bidding war. There are already teams looking for other options and teams ae now dropping that don;t need a QB. The Falcons are not going for him they have already stated that Ryan is the QB. The Lions and Rams are now out of the run and Miami has moved on. The Raiders are taking offers for Marriota and so are the Jets on Sam. Carolina is to far down the draft to even think about it and Denver has stated they like Lock. The longer Watson stays on the team the lower the bids will go. This is just anoter mess they are making. Then you add Wentz to the mix to give someone else a QB. I would agree if this was a different year but this year is just too many good QB on the market. Heck even the Saints are out because they want Winston back and pair him with Hill. I think Houston took had the idea of trying to keep Watson and will pretty much do anything now to keep him and now it is up to Watson if he really wants out. 

I think in the end he is moved and the Texans once again mess up this situation. The good news for the Texans is they can start fresh with picks and cap space once they cut JJ Watts too. The trade will be something like this.

Jets get Watson

Texans get Sam, pick 2, and a first round pick next year and second round pick next year. 

Texans cana work with Sam this year and get him some help and if he does not work out you can grab a QB in the next years draft. 

The Jets get their best QB since Broadway Joe.