Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Prescott isn’t going anywhere. He will be a cowboy is some kind of way. But SF very well could be in the market for Watson. They’re just not drafting high, so the octave they’d have to give would be incredible. That’s what some need to realize. 

Teams with Super Bowl-level rosters are more aggressive as a general rule. Plus, Houston would love to send him to the NFC West, far far away.

It makes no sense for a team like the Jets to give up the No. 2 overall pick. We need Watson AND the No. 2 overall pick. 

San Francisco is in a different boat. They are literally one player away.

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

We're the only team that can get them the best replacement possible. We can offer first round picks that can make a difference this and next season. If they go with someone else, they're not going to get as much.

Jimmy G is solid, but he had one legit season and is 29 right now. The Texans are clearly rebuilding, so I'm sure they're looking for a long term QB to build around. So the 49ers don't have a replacement QB or the picks that allows the Texans to draft their replacement. 

Miami is close, but Miami would have to give up more picks than us and pitch a QB they benched during the season to impress the Texans. That's going to be tough in a bidding war. 

Denver & Carolina are in the same boat. It just comes down to how much JD want Watson. No one else can compete with us. We have the scheme & coach people are interested in, major market, cap space, picks, and we can toss players like Mosley if we have to. 

Sam Darnold is the best replacement possible? Sure, if Houston is planning on tanking in 2021.

Both Jimmy Garoppolo and Tua Tagovailoa are better options for Houston (or, quite frankly, any NFL franchise).

Drew Lock looks like another Sam Darnold.

Teddy Bridgewater outplayed Darnold and was then traded because of the optics.

If we can somehow lessen the draft pick compensation by adding Darnold into a potential Watson trade, it would be the greatest heist since Eddie Murphy, Matthew Broderick and co. stole that gold car from the tower.

15 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It makes no sense for a team like the Jets to give up the No. 2 overall pick. We need Watson AND the No. 2 overall pick

Let me say I think a trade for Watson won’t happen.  But I also think we will use the number 2 on a QB. If JD could somehow get Watson for #2, a 2021 TRP and a 2022 FRP, it would really be like getting Watson for just a 2021 TRP and a 2022 FRP since we are taking a QB at 2 anyway. But again, I don’t think Houston would accept this nor do I think JD will offer much more. JD will want at least one FRP’s for the next few years.

41 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Sam Darnold is the best replacement possible? Sure, if Houston is planning on tanking in 2021.

Both Jimmy Garoppolo and Tua Tagovailoa are better options for Houston (or, quite frankly, any NFL franchise).

Drew Lock looks like another Sam Darnold.

Teddy Bridgewater outplayed Darnold and was then traded because of the optics.

If we can somehow lessen the draft pick compensation by adding Darnold into a potential Watson trade, it would be the greatest heist since Eddie Murphy, Matthew Broderick and co. stole that gold car from the tower.

I wasn't talking about Sam. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Teams with Super Bowl-level rosters are more aggressive as a general rule. Plus, Houston would love to send him to the NFC West, far far away.

It makes no sense for a team like the Jets to give up the No. 2 overall pick. We need Watson AND the No. 2 overall pick. 

San Francisco is in a different boat. They are literally one player away.

I disagree. The 2nd pick more than likely is going to be used on a QB. And do you know how unlikely that that qb is as good as Watson? Incredibly slim. So if it cost a couple more 1st to get a franchise QB so be it. We have assets where it doesn’t set us too Much back. It’ll more so be that if that’s the actual price for him

On 2/19/2021 at 8:55 AM, Jag68Sid87 said:

I completely disagree with the notion that the 49ers want to keep Garoppolo. I think they want teams to believe they want to keep Jimmy G, but I would be 100% shocked if SF did not begin 2021 with a new starting quarterback. 

I think SF ultimately lands Watson or Prescott.

The most likely scenario for SF is that Jimmy if the starting qb next year, though it's a marriage of convenience. They were lukewarm on Stafford and never put in an offer and if there was a guy that would have made sense, it was him. They weren't in on Wentz outside of a call. Arbitrary percentage I'd put at like 90% Jimmy is the starter for the niners. There aren't even many fans on this forum that think we will select a qb or trade up for one

Some of the media tries to make it seem like they are desperate, but the more reliable guys have consistently reported they are fine with Jimmy. 

If they can upgrade, they will try, but I wouldn't expect them all in on Watson (could see the dak thing given it would only require money if he's a free agent). It's one of the reasons they have tried so hard to maintain flexibility with him in terms of contract. 

On 2/19/2021 at 1:35 AM, Bobby816 said:

I think he ends up in CAR, DEN or MIA honestly. 
And it’s Bc JD doesn’t want to pony up the picks. HOU wants to trade with us in the coming weeks... but a price can’t be agreed on.

Carolina is my pick. They are thirsty for a qb. I think they are gonna go balls to the wall aggressive for him if they can

The simple truth of it all is the Jets benefit regardless of outcome. 

If they dont grab Watson, then another QB needy team is going to be really thirsty for that #2 pick. A trade back with a team like Carolina or Atlanta could set the core roster up for the next 5-7 years. 

Adding a #1 wr or Oline. I could even imagine the Jets grabbing Pitts if Chase and Sewell are gone. Pitts is really that good. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Carolina is my pick. They are thirsty for a qb. I think they are gonna go balls to the wall aggressive for him if they can

They are also freeing up cap space which they can use for his 2022 and beyond cap hit. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Looks like CAR is really the favorite as of now and it’s be a great situation for Watson. With CMC, Moore and Robby there.

What I think happens is he gets traded there for a package we all say. Well why the heck didn’t JD do that. 

It will cost the Panthers 4 first round picks 21,22,23,24 and then some. You will not see a first round pick until 2025. Ya good luck with that they can have him. Heck you might even lose some second round picks too because the big three will be gone by the time you pick 8. You are looking at Jones and Lance at this point. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

It will cost the Panthers 4 first round picks 21,22,23,24 and then some. You will not see a first round pick until 2025. Ya good luck with that they can have him. Heck you might even lose some second round picks too because the big three will be gone by the time you pick 8. You are looking at Jones and Lance at this point. 

But that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying that I think he goes for less. I’m thinking something like 2021 1st and 2nd and 2022 1st and 2nd.

Where for me as a Jets fan. I make that deal.

Trade idea I saw someone had for us for Watson was interesting. It was us giving up 2,23,34 and a 1st next year. Why I think this is interesting is Bc it still leaves us a 1st next year and we’d be able to recoup a 2nd by trading Darnold. So we still have a2nd and 2 3rds and a pick in each round still next year 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade idea I saw someone had for us for Watson was interesting. It was us giving up 2,23,34 and a 1st next year. Why I think this is interesting is Bc it still leaves us a 1st next year and we’d be able to recoup a 2nd by trading Darnold. So we still have a2nd and 2 3rds and a pick in each round still next year 

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat. Get the 2nd like you said for Sam and we would be fine. I’d also try trading our high 3rd instead of #34. 
Don’t forget any deal comparing us and Carolina (as that’s the team they all think he’s going to know) is a joke as the difference between #2 & #8 is probs 3 first round picks 

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat. Get the 2nd like you said for Sam and we would be fine. I’d also try trading our high 3rd instead of #34. 
Don’t forget any deal comparing us and Carolina (as that’s the team they all think he’s going to know) is a joke as the difference between #2 & #8 is probs 3 first round picks 

I think the intriguing part to HOU for that deal is it allows them to rebuild fast. 3 picks in the top 34 and 2 1st next year.

Why it makes sense for us. Is it still allows us to have a 2nd after trading Sam and we still have a 1st next year. Doesn’t big time set us back. You do this pre FA... and you get some bigger naked guys to join as well. Filling holes with great talent instead of risky drafted talent.

For me once I think about it. This is the deal I’d love and seems to make sense for both sides.