Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah so holding on to him makes sense for Houston but not for Deshaun. Maybe he’s waiting on who they hire although the report of him wanting out regardless makes that a moot point. 

Also, we don't know whether or not Texans like 2021 qb class. Texans simply can't trade him blindly.   No matter when they will trade him, he won't be with them by week 1 for all that matters.

Yeah. It may hurt Watson.   He may need extra time to learn new playbook or whatever.

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Also, we don't know whether or not Texans like 2021 qb class. Texans simply can't trade him blindly.   No matter when they will trade him, he won't be with them by week 1 for all that matters.

Yeah. It may hurt Watson.   He may need extra time to learn new playbook or whatever.

Maybe they love someone or like you said maybe they aren’t keen. With a top 5 qb they were still 4-12 so I imagine with Watson gone they will be in full rebuild mode so going for a young qb makes sense. 

With the 2022 QB class shaping up to be similar to this years class (sans Lawrence) if Houston is looking to draft a rookie QB, they should probably just get one while they have the number 2 pick. Assuming they trade Watson to us. If they don’t like any QB this year or even next year then take a chance with trying to calm Watson. 

I've thought about the possibility of a Watson trade and at first our first pick in this years draft and both picks in next years draft and perhaps a additional 2nd round pick would do the job.

But as much as Houston has need for draft capitol to replace Watson, they are likewise at a disadvantage.

Why offer the world for Watson? Watson is ready to sit out if he's not dealt. His first preference is the Jets, so a reasonable package should get the deal done.

Miami will drive up the asking price and it could become a bidding war, that would not benefit the Jets. In fact it would wind up costing the Jets "years" before they were able to build a viable team around Watson if they won out on the bidding.

They will need a QB, trade them Darnold, they need draft choices send them this years 23rd pick, this years 2nd rounder, and next years two number ones.

This allows us to keep our second round pick, trade down and acquire more draft capitol for this year, perhaps with Atlanta, or Detroit.

The Jets could still make this years draft a viable one which they could continue to build without mortgaging the future.

Mortgaging the future is not a viable option.

17 minutes ago, Big T said:

I've thought about the possibility of a Watson trade and at first our first pick in this years draft and both picks in next years draft and perhaps a additional 2nd round pick would do the job.

But as much as Houston has need for draft capitol to replace Watson, they are likewise at a disadvantage.

Why offer the world for Watson? Watson is ready to sit out if he's not dealt. His first preference is the Jets, so a reasonable package should get the deal done.

Miami will drive up the asking price and it could become a bidding war, that would not benefit the Jets. In fact it would wind up costing the Jets "years" before they were able to build a viable team around Watson if they won out on the bidding.

They will need a QB, trade them Darnold, they need draft choices send them this years 23rd pick, this years 2nd rounder, and next years two number ones.

This allows us to keep our second round pick, trade down and acquire more draft capitol for this year, perhaps with Atlanta, or Detroit.

The Jets could still make this years draft a viable one which they could continue to build without mortgaging the future.

Mortgaging the future is not a viable option.

The #2 overall pick has to be involved or the Texans will walk. I really don't think Miami is a real threat to the Watson deal for several reason.

1. You now trade away your franchise QB for pick 3 which you had to begin with and traded it for a LT to protect your QB who you just moved. Ya that will make them look REALLY bad.

2. Miami is NOT giving up on Tua after they just used pick 5 on him last year. I also have a feeling that Houston wants nothing to due with Tua brcause of his hip. I don't think Tua's hip is fully healthed yet. 

3. Why would Houston trade with Miami and get pick 3 when they can trade with the Jets and get pick 2 and have your choice of Wilson or Fields. If you take pick 3 you have to wait and see which one falls to you and most teams hate this. 

16 hours ago, xrade said:

With the 2022 QB class shaping up to be similar to this years class (sans Lawrence) if Houston is looking to draft a rookie QB, they should probably just get one while they have the number 2 pick. Assuming they trade Watson to us. If they don’t like any QB this year or even next year then take a chance with trying to calm Watson. 

is it though?  i only really see Howell as a true 1st round type QB.

30 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

is it though?  i only really see Howell as a true 1st round type QB.

Brock Purdy Iowa State might sneak in the first round. 

Spencer Rattler

Bo Nix

Slovis 

These are a few guys that might go in the first round depending on how well they play this year. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Brock Purdy Iowa State might sneak in the first round. 

Spencer Rattler

Bo Nix

Slovis 

These are a few guys that might go in the first round depending on how well they play this year. 

i don't see that class being nearly as good as this 21 class.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

i don't see that class being nearly as good as this 21 class.

Ya you never know. No one really knew about Zack Wilson too until this year. You will always have guys that will come from no where and do well. I agree I don't like this QB class next year and I really don't like this years class either besides T Law. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xrade said:

People are seriously underrating this class.  Fields and Wilson had two of the highest PFF college grades ever handed out.  Not that PFF is gospel or anything but these two are legit NFL prospects.  

Baker was the only QB to have a similar grade recently.  Not Lawrence, not Burrow, definitely not Darnold.  Doesn't guarantee anything but these two are getting slept on hard because of Lawrence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya you never know. No one really knew about Zack Wilson too until this year. You will always have guys that will come from no where and do well. I agree I don't like this QB class next year and I really don't like this years class either besides T Law. 

Exactly - Burrow was a nobody until his last season.  

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Amazing name. Up there with Cooper Rush, TJ Slaughter and Rock Ya-Sin

TJ Slaughter was always a favorite name of mine.  I always liked Takeo Spikes and Michael Barrow as well.  Great LB names.

I met Cooper Rush.  He's my cousin's wife's cousin and was at the wedding lol.  Tiny guy for a professional QB.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

People are seriously underrating this class.  Fields and Wilson had two of the highest PFF college grades ever handed out.  Not that PFF is gospel or anything but these two are legit NFL prospects.  

Baker was the only QB to have a similar grade recently.  Not Lawrence, not Burrow, definitely not Darnold.  Doesn't guarantee anything but these two are getting slept on hard because of Lawrence.

I don't think they are gettig slept on i just think people just don't like what they see on tape. Wilson and Fields are not that accurate. They will hit the WR open but not n stide a lot and the WR has to adjust to make the grab too. I just think the windows are too tight for these 2 guys in the NFL to have great success. Lamar Jackson is already findiing it out that once you contain them and make these guys throw it does not end up well. It is VERY hard to find a franchise QB and I would rather go the Stafford route than have one of these guys. I personally want Watson like every one else but we will see. I was a lot more happy with the Mayfield Allen and Darnold class than this class. I would pick all 3 of these guys over Fields or Wilson. I would take T Law over all of them.