Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think they are gettig slept on i just think people just don't like what they see on tape. Wilson and Fields are not that accurate. They will hit the WR open but not n stide a lot and the WR has to adjust to make the grab too. I just think the windows are too tight for these 2 guys in the NFL to have great success. Lamar Jackson is already findiing it out that once you contain them and make these guys throw it does not end up well. It is VERY hard to find a franchise QB and I would rather go the Stafford route than have one of these guys. I personally want Watson like every one else but we will see. I was a lot more happy with the Mayfield Allen and Darnold class than this class. I would pick all 3 of these guys over Fields or Wilson. I would take T Law over all of them. 

Zach Wilson was one of the most accurate QB in college football this past season. Watch his tape, he consistently makes accurate throws, hitting receivers in stride and fitting the ball into tight coverage. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Zach Wilson was one of the most accurate QB in college football this past season. Watch his tape, he consistently makes accurate throws, hitting receivers in stride and fitting the ball into right coverage. 

Ya and so does Watson ;)

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya and so does Watson ;)

Well, yes of course lol. I want Watson badly but it's unfair to discredit Wilson in this draft. Without Trevor Lawrence this draft would still be a very good QB draft. 

Edited by mattmanz91

The idea of Watson is growing on me.

The best case here would be trade early to draw some good free agents.

Lots of great WR talent out there, some decent RB's and if we can somehow retail our pick from seattle that gives us a shot at some solid OL options or CB's.

We can take a gigantic step forward. Watson would mainly make some players want to come here. I fear we wont get a fair shake at some top tier guys if we move forward with Darnold although Im sure if we stacked up the offense with guys like Smith Shuster, Chris Godwin and Jonnu smith along with a OL starter at #2 and a solid RB he could be successful as well.

1 hour ago, jetfan8178 said:

The best case here would be trade early to draw some good free agents.

It is not really up to the Jets. Watson would need to request a trade to force Houston to move him. Without that request, it is just Watson blowing off steam but will remain a member of the team.  Also, JD needs to play this right so we don’t overpay or bid against ourselves. That means he should wait until Houston calls. We should be on the top of the Houston list.

John McClain (The Texans main reporter) offer he said yesterday is ridiculous. He said the Texans shouldn't accept anything less than our 1st and 2nd round picks these next 2 drafts (yes the 2nd pick not SEA pick) AND Quinnen Williams. He is crazy to think we'd give up Q, the 2nd pick, another 1st, 34th pick and our 2nd next year. No way I'm making that deal if I'm JD.

I'd do a 1st the next 3 drafts. And that's the final offer. 

Dang. I love Watson but I’m not making that trade. Quinnen is a top 3 pick who  is living up to his draft slot. If traded, he’d get two first. The 2nd pick can be traded and you can pick up an extra first. He’s like give us that and another first plus the 34th pick and an extra second.

If that’s also what Houston management thinks gets it done, than Watson is not getting traded. No team can afford that or afford to trade that.

There’s too much smoke for me not to believe Watson doesn’t want to be there. Remember, Jamal never really came out and said he wanted to be traded. He said it through his people and with likes on Twitter. But at the end of the day, we don’t know what the Hou FO is thinking how much they are willing to accept in return.

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Dang. I love Watson but I’m not making that trade. Quinnen is a top 3 pick who  is living up to his draft slot. If traded, he’d get two first. The 2nd pick can be traded and you can pick up an extra first. He’s like give us that and another first plus the 34th pick and an extra second.

If that’s also what Houston management thinks gets it done, than Watson is not getting traded. No team can afford that or afford to trade that.

There’s too much smoke for me not to believe Watson doesn’t want to be there. Remember, Jamal never really came out and said he wanted to be traded. He said it through his people and with likes on Twitter. But at the end of the day, we don’t know what the Hou FO is thinking how much they are willing to accept in return.

I mean this is how things work in trades. HOU asks for something crazy in return. The Jets offer something small back and if a deal gets done... its normally somewhere in the middle. That's why I think if a deal gets done its something like a 1st the next 3 drafts or both our 1sts this year and a 1st next year for Watson.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean this is how things work in trades. HOU asks for something crazy in return. The Jets offer something small back and if a deal gets done... its normally somewhere in the middle. That's why I think if a deal gets done its something like a 1st the next 3 drafts or both our 1sts this year and a 1st next year for Watson.

True. I’m just not the negotiating type. I’d be the type of GM that says, this is my offer and that’s it. I won’t low ball. I’d just offer what I think is a fair price. If they say no, I’d just move on. I think if he gets traded, it’s like you said, 3 1st.

A bit dated since our Seattle pick settled higher but PFF analyzed past offers. They also don’t hold back on how important they think the QB position is to a team. Their hypothetical trade is 2nd, 23rd, 2022 1st and Darnold for Watson. More than the DJ hypothetical offer of a 1st in each of the next 3 drafts but in the ball park.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deshaun-watson-trade-options-houston-texans

Edited by SDotNova

I was just think that there is a lot of QB on the market this that can change a team around fast and this will hurt Watson and the Texans on his trade value. 

Lets take the Jets for example and who they can start for week 1.

1. Use the #2 pick on Wilson or Fields

2. Trade for Stafford

3. Keep Sam Darnold

4. Aaron Rodgers is saying things like he might have played his last game in GB.

5. D. Prescott might be a FA too if Dallas looks the other way,

6. Trubisky is an option ( I really hope we don't go here.)

Here are 6 options that the Jets have and other teams have options too. I just think that the Texans are dreaming big on a huge trade but I just don't see it. I would stick to my trade of Watson for Darnold, pick #2, and Seahawks 1st round pick next year and 2nd round pick next year. I think if the price is too high go after Stafford and draft a QB to replace him in a few years. I think Stafford has 5 good years in him. I would sawp pick 2 for pick 7 and Stafford. Then I would draft one of D. Smith, Chase or Sewell at 7. One of those 3 will be there at 7. 

Texans wouldn’t ask for Quinnen IMO. Picks are always the key. Us having #2 with the #1 being a guaranteed lock make it really us giving them the #1 pick in a draft. No one trumps that offer. It’s the only guaranteed pick they’d get that high and they draft his replacement easily or trade back for even more picks.