Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yeah but just going with the status quo with Sam seems very much an easy way out. Don’t get me wrong I’d support the decision and route for Sam as he seem a great guy. But for me to be in a chance to get two great qb prospects in Wilson and Fields you have to make the pick. 

Once again, not drafting Wilson does not mean you HAVE to keep Darnold. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We've heard and said that a lot over the years.

That’s also true but whatever decision we make the way we handle the o-line and weapons is the biggest thing. If we think we can go cheap and not support whoever is at qb then it will be a colossal waste of time. 

NFL Network's Jim Trotter believes Deshaun Watson will be traded after interviewing Texans coach David Culley. 

Looks like Watson will be moved before the draft. Now what team will it be is the big ?

mark. I think there is a small chance he ends up as a jet. 

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

NFL Network's Jim Trotter believes Deshaun Watson will be traded after interviewing Texans coach David Culley. 

Looks like Watson will be moved before the draft. Now what team will it be is the big ?

Very small. With the draft capital some other teams seem to be ok with giving up for him. We will lose the quality over quantity draft capital war.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Very small. With the draft capital some other teams seem to be ok with giving up for him. We will lose the quality over quantity draft capital war.

I believe the opposite to be true. The longer they wait the less teams will have to even pay his salary this year as they spend in FA. Also, some teams may find a QB and settle for them. All the more reason JD should trade Sam and maybe knock another team out. In the end, I believe it comes down to the same three teams; us, Miami and Carolina. Applying logic, at least my logic, and Carolina comes out on top. I think the Miami FO wants to build through the draft therefore, they may offer nothing better than JD would. Plus they have a QB they picked at 5 last year. They will build around him and see what he can do for another year or two.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I believe the opposite to be true. The longer they wait the less teams will have to even pay his salary this year as they spend in FA. Also, some teams may find a QB and settle for them. All the more reason JD should trade Sam and maybe knock another team out. In the end, I believe it comes down to the same three teams; us, Miami and Carolina. Applying logic, at least my logic, and Carolina comes out on top. I think the Miami FO wants to build through the draft therefore, they may offer nothing better than JD would. Plus they have a QB they picked at 5 last year. They will build around him and see what he can do for another year or two.

His cap hit isn't big. Guys (especially on offense) would restructure to create space for Watson on teams. Look what 3/5 of the Dallas OL did after the signed Dak.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

His cap hit isn't big. Guys (especially on offense) would restructure to create space for Watson on teams. Look what 3/5 of the Dallas OL did after the signed Dak.

That is true for this year but all they are doing is pushing money down the road. Watsons cap gets a lot higher next year. So it is not so much can they afford him this year, it is can they afford him next year?

Using your example, Dallas saved some $ this year but Martin, Smith and Collins will all be making over $15M next year. Right now, they will be $10M in the hole in 2022. We all expect the cap to go up, but will it go up enough? It is a dangerous game.

38 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is true for this year but all they are doing is pushing money down the road. Watsons cap gets a lot higher next year. So it is not so much can they afford him this year, it is can they afford him next year?

Using your example, Dallas saved some $ this year but Martin, Smith and Collins will all be making over $15M next year. Right now, they will be $10M in the hole in 2022. We all expect the cap to go up, but will it go up enough? It is a dangerous game.

Yes but teams that always seem to be in a rough cap situation... always seem to figure it out. I think players when they’re winning are more willing to move money around. We don’t have that culture... so it doesn’t apply to us.

My pint being that if a competitive team trades for Watson. Players will do what’s needed this year, next year, the next. To make it work. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The small chance we have is basically the Texans really wanting a specific QB in this draft. JD is not going to offer a large package. So, we only makes sense if they really like 1 QB above all others. It’s possible.

The decision for Houston really comes to Zach Wilson or Mac Jones. If they think they’re about the same...Panthers it is. If they don’t think Mac Jones or Zach Wilson is not a potential FQB...you have to go to #2. Or just call bluff on Watson.

IDK if the other QBs are good scheme fits for them. Fields has the same agent as Watson. So he’s a hell no for them.

Edited by SDotNova

38 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Fields has the same agent as Watson. So he’s a hell no for them

Why?  Watsons issues are not money related. They are social related. I am pretty sure his agent does not have much to do with that. In fact he may be secretly wishing Watson to just play and not lose money while publicly supporting him. Won’t the agent lose money if Watson sits the season?  

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It doesn’t matter if a team can give the Texans 47 1st round picks and the Jets offer 3 1st.  If the team offering the most isn’t on his “list”, deshaun isn’t going there.  Hopefully out of those on his list, our #2 pick is the most enticing.

For Me Watson didn’t dig his heels in enough for me if he wants out. Should’ve demanded a trade and been harder awhile ago. It would’ve helped him for starters. It also would have helped him get talent around him. Let’s take us for instance... we trade for Watson before next week. And we become a very desirable team for FAs. We don’t have him. And we are a harder sell to FAs. Now he doesn’t get his choice of players he’d like to give his 2 cents on possibly playing with.

You can guarantee that if we don’t upgrade the OL, WR and RB spots in FA. He might not waive his no trade clause to come here.

We land Golladay or Davis, Thuney, Williams or Mack and Henry or Smith... I think he might push to join us.