Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

24 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t think Watson has an issue with playing for us/Saleh

In the end he will be moved to a different team for a package we easily could’ve beaten and we’ll all be pissed about it

Yup they will move him for two first round picks and a third round pick lol

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Could you imagine if Douglas thinks that’s “too rich” and the rookie we draft at 2 looks bad? 

I would have to think almost any QB needy team would pay that price

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If JD passed on that deal I would be pissed. The reality is we get a top 5 QB for a first and third. I consider the number 2 a wash because we are probably picking a QB anyway. I just can’t see that low of a price tag unless it is September and we won’t need a QB then nor have that valuable #2 pick.

So I think a census would be #2, #23, #66 and we’d nearly all take the deal for Deshaun. 

At what point does it become too rich?!?!? If Houston ask for our next years 1st....both 1sts?! What’s the cut off deal for everyone? 

Mine would be #2, #23, #66. That’s a fair deal for both squads. Trade Sam for a 2nd and we’d still have two 2nds, 3rd, 4th to strengthen the team plus I’m guessing with Deshaun we’d attract much better players in FA. 

That would mean JD would be going in balls deep though so unsure if he’s willing to do this or just play through the draft and mid level FA signings. 

43 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So I think a census would be #2, #23, #66 and we’d nearly all take the deal for Deshaun. 

At what point does it become too rich?!?!? If Houston ask for our next years 1st....both 1sts?! What’s the cut off deal for everyone? 

Mine would be #2, #23, #66. That’s a fair deal for both squads. Trade Sam for a 2nd and we’d still have two 2nds, 3rd, 4th to strengthen the team plus I’m guessing with Deshaun we’d attract much better players in FA. 

That would mean JD would be going in balls deep though so unsure if he’s willing to do this or just play through the draft and mid level FA signings. 

#2, #23 and a 2022 FRP would be my max.  MAYBE throw in a third.  It's somewhat like trading Jamal and #2 for Watson. Especially if we can trade #34 and Sam to move into the first round or even get a 2nd for Sam.   

Edited by Fort4242

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

That’s been the debate. I’m sure Houston fans see what Jets fans are willing to offer and laugh.

For me, I just don’t think we can properly build around him without draft picks. Every year, we think all these great players are going to hit FA, and they get tagged. This year, some are falling through the cracks but it’s still not great.

My max is 2nd, 34th and 2022 1st. Something like this likely doesn’t happen since Houston seems to want volume.

This is why I hardly pay any more attention to the Watson stuff. It’s so unlikely we trade for him. 

Edited by SDotNova

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s been the debate. I’m sure Houston fans see what Jets fans are willing to offer and laugh.

For me, I just don’t think we can properly build around him without draft picks. Every year, we think all these great players are going to hit FA, and they get tagged. This year, some are falling through the cracks but it’s still not great.

My max is 2nd, 34th and 2022 1st. Something like this likely doesn’t happen since Houston seems to want volume.

This is why I hardly pay any more attention to the Watson stuff. It’s so unlikely we trade for him. 

Well the thing is they don’t really have a strong foot holding in negotiating. This isn’t like most cases where a player is demanding a trade because of money. If we’d of paid Jamal last year he’d still be a Jet. Deshaun has been paid and wants out because of the structure and ongoing say the Owner/Front office level. 

#2 gives them an ideal opportunity to reset their whole rosette with a franchise qb on a rookie deal. Will he become Deshaun?! Maybe. But at least they have something to build off. 

I have said this many times especially back when all this started that by offering #2, that in itself is like 3/4 1sts alone. If they don’t deal Deshaun before the draft where do they go from there?! 

54 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

#2, #23 and a 2022 FRP would be my max.  MAYBE throw in a third.  It's somewhat like trading Jamal and #2 for Watson. Especially if we can trade #34 and Sam to move into the first round or even get a 2nd for Sam.   

That #2 is so valuable that they could turn it into a franchise qb or a boatload of picks. Like they are not trading from a position of strength. They have zero power in a trade negotiation. This isn’t a case of next week Deshaun will sign a new deal in Houston and everything will be rosey. He wants out and the world knows it. 

Our best shot here is if the Texans like Sam Darnold. He could really be the key to this whole thing. It would allow us to trade down for more picks, which would help us and the Texans at the same time. I wonder about Josh McCown and whether he is going to be hired by them? And, just how much input would he have (he was interviewed for the head-coaching gig as a player who has not even officially retired yet). That has to count for something.

Heck, maybe they like Marcus Maye as well, which could help reduce the draft payment as well. 

Most players should be on the table here. 

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

I’d do 2, 23 a third and one of next years firsts.

7 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Our best shot here is if the Texans like Sam Darnold. He could really be the key to this whole thing. It would allow us to trade down for more picks, which would help us and the Texans at the same time. I wonder about Josh McCown and whether he is going to be hired by them? And, just how much input would he have (he was interviewed for the head-coaching gig as a player who has not even officially retired yet). That has to count for something.

Heck, maybe they like Marcus Maye as well, which could help reduce the draft payment as well. 

Most players should be on the table here. 

Anyone outside of Becton and Williams really. I’d prefer to keep Mims and Hall also but to get a Deshaun Watson calibre qb we have to be open to dealing Maye, Mosley, Crowder and any other vets that Houston may like for their schemes. 

With Monday bring the day to say ya I will sign with you Watson has to be moved this weekend. I think Watson has a new home by Sunday night. You know the NFL loves to Trump any other sport when they can. Right during selection Sunday for NCAA tourney you will have breaking news on Watson and it will be to the Jets. The Jets hold out and get a good deal 

Sam Darnold pick 2 and next year first for Watson 

I don’t think any team really has interest because they can’t afford the price to pay in draft picks or cap. JD played this perfect. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

With Monday bring the day to say ya I will sign with you Watson has to be moved this weekend. I think Watson has a new home by Sunday night. You know the NFL loves to Trump any other sport when they can. Right during selection Sunday for NCAA tourney you will have breaking news on Watson and it will be to the Jets. The Jets hold out and get a good deal 

Sam Darnold pick 2 and next year first for Watson 

I don’t think any team really has interest because they can’t afford the price to pay in draft picks or cap. JD played this perfect. 

Like it would be perfect really but I just think if it was us doing the deal it would be done already. Like you said nobody else can top that #2 pick. (Obvs Jags won’t be trading in the division)

Carolina, Denver, Chicago and LV all seem like better bets. I’d even hope (and pray) Miami is out the running also as I think they’d of got the deal done too. Big thing for Hou is if they did trade for #3 and the draft went #1 Lawerence, #2 Wilson they’d be left with Fields who’s represented by Deshauns agent so that would make things more tricky. 

The #2 vets you Wilson and I think Hou would be foolish not to go all in this weekend and get the deal done so they can plan around their new franchise qb and we can start going all in on FA who will want to play with Deshaun.