Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Like it would be perfect really but I just think if it was us doing the deal it would be done already. Like you said nobody else can top that #2 pick. (Obvs Jags won’t be trading in the division)

Carolina, Denver, Chicago and LV all seem like better bets. I’d even hope (and pray) Miami is out the running also as I think they’d of got the deal done too. Big thing for Hou is if they did trade for #3 and the draft went #1 Lawerence, #2 Wilson they’d be left with Fields who’s represented by Deshauns agent so that would make things more tricky. 

The #2 vets you Wilson and I think Hou would be foolish not to go all in this weekend and get the deal done so they can plan around their new franchise qb and we can start going all in on FA who will want to play with Deshaun. 

If Houston lands the No. 3 pick in a Watson deal, they are almost certainly landing Tua as well. They would use the No. 3 pick on Smith, Sewell, Chase or Pitts.

41 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If Houston lands the No. 3 pick in a Watson deal, they are almost certainly landing Tua as well. They would use the No. 3 pick on Smith, Sewell, Chase or Pitts.

Would they really want Tua?! That’s like saying they’d have Darnold from us? Wilson and Fields are much better prospects than Tua IMO and many around the league value both higher than Tua. 

7 hours ago, xenajets said:

Would they really want Tua?! That’s like saying they’d have Darnold from us? Wilson and Fields are much better prospects than Tua IMO and many around the league value both higher than Tua. 

I'd take Tua over all three of those guys (Wilson, Fields and Darnold). He has done much more than those guys already, with just as much upside. Before his injury, he was on par with Burrow and Lawrence (who are at a different level, imo). 

And yes, I think Houston might have interest in Darnold as a Watson replacement. Remember, Houston is not exactly in rebuilding mode here, even if Watson is traded. They are already signing veterans like Mark Ingram and Christian Kirksey, keeping Brandin Cooks, et al. Sure, Watt is gone but they don't have a great draft situation in the next two years, so perhaps Houston is one of the few teams that want Darnold more than the draft prospects. 

8 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'd take Tua over all three of those guys (Wilson, Fields and Darnold). He has done much more than those guys already, with just as much upside. Before his injury, he was on par with Burrow and Lawrence (who are at a different level, imo). 

And yes, I think Houston might have interest in Darnold as a Watson replacement. Remember, Houston is not exactly in rebuilding mode here, even if Watson is traded. They are already signing veterans like Mark Ingram and Christian Kirksey, keeping Brandin Cooks, et al. Sure, Watt is gone but they don't have a great draft situation in the next two years, so perhaps Houston is one of the few teams that want Darnold more than the draft prospects. 

Really?! I don’t think there’s anything to say Tua can’t turn it around but look at the guys he was throwing the ball to when he was at Alabama. He had everything around him to succeed. He looked very poor last year for the Dolphins. I’d love to know how and why you’d have him rated higher than Fields and Wilson. 

Who really knows what’s going on in Hou. Their free agents signings have been strange and their apparent lack of relishing their terrible situation regarding Deshaun is going to come back to bite them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Before his injury, Tua was the toast of the 2020 draft (ahead of Burrow). Yes, the injury may still be a factor with him, but otherwise his pedigree is on par with Burrow and Lawrence. 

Anyway, I'd take Watson over all of those guys.

I have a feeling Watson will be moved tonight or early tomorrow moring. They are waiting for the best offer and waiting for the last minute. Once the FA starts it will hurt Houston. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have a feeling Watson will be moved tonight or early tomorrow moring. They are waiting for the best offer and waiting for the last minute. Once the FA starts it will hurt Houston. 

My feeling is that Houston won’t trade Watson until closer to the start of the season unless a team blows them away with an offer of like 5 FRP. My reason is that Houston may want to test his resolve. Under the new CBA, if a player holds out of TC he is fined $50000/day. Those fines can no longer be forgiven. A player can’t report and refuse to practice either. I believe the fines for missing preseason games are even stiffer. The point is that players will lose a lot of money by holding out. Houston may be betting on Watson not holding out for long or at all.

Another reason is the $5+M cap hit Houston will take by trading him. Right now Houston is $25M under. Not too bad. But take into account the $ needed for their draft class and in-season operating expenses and we are talking about closer to $10M. Trading Watson reduces that to $5M. Limits their FA acquisitions.

McNair and Easterby are stubborn *****. They may want to “make a point “ of Watson that he is under contract and he will fulfill his obligations.  A bit of “cut off your nose to spite your face” thing.

Until we hear from Casserio that he is available, I will just plan on him not being traded.

42 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

what gives you this feeling? just curious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanFromPitt said:

2nd woman came forward this evening claiming assault/harassment by watson... I'm not one to blame a man before he has his day in court. But this has to hurt his value and also cause distractions in the locker room. Do we really want that in NY? 

Yes, we do

I see this attorney says he has 4 women he will represent in 4 different situations. I will hold my judgment but man 4 different women in 4 different situations does not look good at all no matter what the outcome is. He is guilty in some people’s eyes just because of this. His price to move has dropped and Houston loses more leverage. They should have moved him a month ago like I said. Price can only drop every day.