Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Imagine, just imagine if Watsons camp can prove that the Texans organization was behind all this to try and frame him, so he’d stay and no team would want him.

That thought crossed my mind too.  Then again, there is also a chance that the team knew about it and helped cover things up so it wouldn't affect his career.  It will no doubt be an ongoing saga before we know the whole truth.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That thought crossed my mind too.  Then again, there is also a chance that the team knew about it and helped cover things up so it wouldn't affect his career.  It will no doubt be an ongoing saga before we know the whole truth.

I am sure Texan fans want that to be true.

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I am sure Texan fans want that to be true.

You could be right.  Then again, there be more of them who are so sick of McNair and the whole front office that they would almost prefer that they did set Watson up with this whole thing and that McNair would be forced to sell the team. 

On 3/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Makes no sense for the Texans to be behind it since it looks like the NFL may get involved and suspend him, which is common. The nfl cares way more about optics then the courts. For all we know this was done by another team to bring his price down. 

Most likely, it's a predatory attorney whose promising these women giant settlements for their testimony.  This attorney has no desire to actually go to court, hes waging his war in the court of public opinion where proof has little value. 

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

Most likely, it's a predatory attorney whose promising these women giant settlements for their testimony.  This attorney has no desire to actually go to court, hes waging his war in the court of public opinion where proof has little value

Could be. If Watson truly did nothing wrong, let it play out in Civil Court. Even there it is innocent until proven guilty. Any settlement still makes him look guilty. He must clear his name. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Watson sexual abuse case it going to the Grand Jury.

If this is true then Watson has some serious problems.  This means there is plenty of evidance to push for this. The price on Watson has now dropped serveral 1st round picks. 

I'm having a hard time believing this one. The Lawyer who is a friend of the owner suddenly have all of this when Watson want out? I have a feeling everything will be dropped after the draft when teams who are interested have no choice but to draft a QB. 

42 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If this is true then Watson has some serious problems.  This means there is plenty of evidance to push for this. The price on Watson has now dropped serveral 1st round picks. 

That doesn't mean there's plenty of evidence, no one has even been in front of a judge. Its the amount of cases that made it possible which was expected. 

6 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Makes no sense for the Texans to be behind it since it looks like the NFL may get involved and suspend him, which is common. The nfl cares way more about optics then the courts. For all we know this was done by another team to bring his price down. 

Most likely, it's a predatory attorney whose promising these women giant settlements for their testimony.  This attorney has no desire to actually go to court, hes waging his war in the court of public opinion where proof has little value. 

I agree with you for the most part, but let's face it, the Texans haven't making a lot of sense at all the last couple years.  It is a very strange situation and the only thing I am 100% certain of is the fact that the timing of this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Edited by Uncle Buck

One is innocent until proven, PROVEN, guilty. But Watson's carelessness has put him in this position. If he is flying in a masseuse from another city it doesn't make sense. 

He could have easily hired a professional, gone through the team, had other players or friends present when the services were rendered.

He should "guilty or not" pay, and get going with his career. Michael Jackson settled out of court, guilty or not.

You cannot as a public figure in todays world leave yourself vulnerable to questionable conduct, political, religious leader, athlete, where millions of dollars are at stake. 

Bob Kraft found himself being accused also, but the charges were dropped. Yes a billionaire. 

As for his being traded, Texas is the big loser in all this. This can drag out in the courts for a year, maybe longer.

So if Watson is traded, I don't believe it will be until the 2022 season and Texas will have lost all the leverage as to worth. The Jets draft capitol will be half what it is now, and if Watson is found guilty it will be in the dumps.

Do the Jets want to tie themselves to Watson in that case? The ramifications of playing in NYC, with the "woke" media, and those who sit in the dark behind there computers would have a field day.

Woody Johnson would surely steer clear, just as he was accused in Ireland but no evidence was found.

We live in a crazy world, where a fast buck is king, right or wrong.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Until we are privy to the facts, real facts not media “facts”, anything about this situation is just speculation.  In other words, nothing to see here until there is. 

Absolutely true, but a few things have to happen, guilty or innocent. The league will step in and Watson will be put on the exemption list of some sort. He will continue to be paid as long as he shows up in Texas, as he is under contract. But will be unable to play be cause he would be on the exemption list (not sure of the official title). But it doesn't fall good for either Watson or Texas.