Jump to content

Watson trade talk!!!!!!


jetfuel34
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was just think that there is a lot of QB on the market this that can change a team around fast and this will hurt Watson and the Texans on his trade value. 

Lets take the Jets for example and who they can start for week 1.

1. Use the #2 pick on Wilson or Fields

2. Trade for Stafford

3. Keep Sam Darnold

4. Aaron Rodgers is saying things like he might have played his last game in GB.

5. D. Prescott might be a FA too if Dallas looks the other way,

6. Trubisky is an option ( I really hope we don't go here.)

Here are 6 options that the Jets have and other teams have options too. I just think that the Texans are dreaming big on a huge trade but I just don't see it. I would stick to my trade of Watson for Darnold, pick #2, and Seahawks 1st round pick next year and 2nd round pick next year. I think if the price is too high go after Stafford and draft a QB to replace him in a few years. I think Stafford has 5 good years in him. I would sawp pick 2 for pick 7 and Stafford. Then I would draft one of D. Smith, Chase or Sewell at 7. One of those 3 will be there at 7. 

Brutal options.  The 2nd pick holds a lot of value.  You’re basically taking a QB at 2 hoping he will be what Watson is.  Use that pick to your advantage and move it doe Watson.

rodgers isn’t going anywhere.  Stafford makes sense if we were in the position of the colts or a more win now team.  Trubisky and Darnold stink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

Brutal options.  The 2nd pick holds a lot of value.  You’re basically taking a QB at 2 hoping he will be what Watson is.  Use that pick to your advantage and move it doe Watson.

rodgers isn’t going anywhere.  Stafford makes sense if we were in the position of the colts or a more win now team.  Trubisky and Darnold stink.

A good way to look at rather than just saying the 2nd pick... is to insert the rookie QBs name in there that we’d think is a legit QB. To attach a name with that pick shows the value. It’s a legit chance for HOU to have a franchise QB and start over with a rookie contract. And that’s how it should be worded. Not just the 2nd pick. That 2nd pick is a decent shot at a franchise QB

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A good way to look at rather than just saying the 2nd pick... is to insert the rookie QBs name in there that we’d think is a legit QB. To attach a name with that pick shows the value. It’s a legit chance for HOU to have a franchise QB and start over with a rookie contract. And that’s how it should be worded. Not just the 2nd pick. That 2nd pick is a decent shot at a franchise QB

On top of that then trading Watson anywhere else likely means those picks are in the 20s and it’s one thing to get picks in the 20s for a Safety(position that’s easily replaceable) vs getting picks in the 20s for a franchise QB in his prime.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we had to deal Watson I’d want that #2 pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m gonna give this a rest until he formally requests a trade

I have no idea why he hasn't yet. He's using social media to publiciize his unhappiness, his agent is doing the same to a lesser degree and there's reports saying it doesn't matter who the next HC is, he wants out. I understand a trade can't be official until the new league year but what's stopping him from requesting a trade? Maybe he's using the Jamal Adams method by drumming up enough noise he doesn't actually have to formally request a trade?

Edited by mattmanz91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I have no idea why he hasn't yet. He's using social media to publiciize his unhappiness, his agent is doing the same to a lesser degree and there's reports saying it doesn't matter who the next HC is, he wants out. I understand a trade can't be official until the new league year but what's stopping him from requesting a trade? Maybe he's using the Jamal Adams method by drumming up enough noise he doesn't actually have to formally request a trade?

Yeah I’m not really sure why not. If Schefter hadn’t tweeted about it I would assume the whole situation was 100% media driven BS

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think they are gettig slept on i just think people just don't like what they see on tape. Wilson and Fields are not that accurate. They will hit the WR open but not n stide a lot and the WR has to adjust to make the grab too. I just think the windows are too tight for these 2 guys in the NFL to have great success. Lamar Jackson is already findiing it out that once you contain them and make these guys throw it does not end up well. It is VERY hard to find a franchise QB and I would rather go the Stafford route than have one of these guys. I personally want Watson like every one else but we will see. I was a lot more happy with the Mayfield Allen and Darnold class than this class. I would pick all 3 of these guys over Fields or Wilson. I would take T Law over all of them. 

I completely disagree.  Wilson's accuracy is fantastic on every level.  He has everything you want in a prospect.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

I have no idea why he hasn't yet.

My guess is he is waiting to after the SB. He may not want to detract from the players in the big game. However, a day or two after he will ask if he is going to. 

Edited by xrade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I completely disagree.  Wilson's accuracy is fantastic on every level.  He has everything you want in a prospect.  

I don't dislike Wilson. I just don't see that for sure franchise QB in him. His lack of production leading up to this last year and his lack of competition worries me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I completely disagree.  Wilson's accuracy is fantastic on every level.  He has everything you want in a prospect.  

Ya I disagree. When you have guys wide open and you over throw them and that WR has to lay out to grab the ball. That is not good. He does make some nice throws but his accuracy needs work in my eyes. When that pressure comes in his face he really struggles too. I think if we trade down to 8-10 spots and get him that would be fine but he is not worth that #2 pick and neither is Fields in my eyes. I think both of those guys are reaches at 2. I thnk Chase, or Sewell are more worth the #2 pick. I think even a small trade down with the Lions would be great. Trade the #2 pick to the Lions for Stafford and pick D. Smith at 7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't dislike Wilson. I just don't see that for sure franchise QB in him. His lack of production leading up to this last year and his lack of competition worries me. 

His lack of production in 2019 can be attributed to an injury. I don’t see how Fields can be excused for a poor game and Wilson does not get that consideration.

As for the competition thing, I tend to agree but you can also make an argument that Wilson did more with less. Without looking in up, name another BYU offensive player that can be considered a day one or two talent. Fields has a great OL, great RB and at least one great WR and one or two good ones. I am not down on Fields and would gladly cheer the selection if so made, but I am more intrigued by Wilson ATM.

Of course, I prefer Watson for the right price. Hell, even if we keep Sam, I would be OK with it only because I would expect a trade down and we can rebuild this team with young talent even faster. Of course this only happens if Sam can be fixed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

His lack of production in 2019 can be attributed to an injury. I don’t see how Fields can be excused for a poor game and Wilson does not get that consideration.

As for the competition thing, I tend to agree but you can also make an argument that Wilson did more with less. Without looking in up, name another BYU offensive player that can be considered a day one or two talent. Fields has a great OL, great RB and at least one great WR and one or two good ones. I am not down on Fields and would gladly cheer the selection if so made, but I am more intrigued by Wilson ATM.

Of course, I prefer Watson for the right price. Hell, even if we keep Sam, I would be OK with it only because I would expect a trade down and we can rebuild this team with young talent even faster. Of course this only happens if Sam can be fixed. 

Exactly.  I hate the competition argument because it's all relative.  Yes the defenses aren't as good but so his is surrounding talent.  It balances out in the end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I completely disagree.  Wilson's accuracy is fantastic on every level.  He has everything you want in a prospect.  

He also wastes no time getting the ball out which to me is the most encouraging sign about his game. Decisiveness and precision are so important for a QB and he has both. He also doesn't really lose his touch throwing on the run either, in fact it's a thing of beauty. If we don't get Watson this is my guy all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a big development was the tweet from the Houston reporter with the reported price being multiple 1st and 2nds plus Q-Will. 
 

Personally I think that’s Houston leaking information through their reporters to try and get the price they want. It sounds like a power play to me. If that’s the case then it’s going to be damn expensive and absolutely ridiculous to be real. 
 

Everyone has a ceiling in what they’d go in a trade but mine would be #2, #23, Seattle 1st next year. If they want Q then I’m holding one of those 1sts back but I would give up say #2, #23 and Q. Can’t be dictating taking out young best players just because you’ve ****ed up and now need to trade away Deshaun.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...