Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. We give them the only chance to draft who they love at 2 at QB and start a rebuild fast. At 3 they get probably what’s left between TLaw, Wilson and Fields. Not there choice. This is why we make the most sense.

I concur. But as will also add that if Miami makes an offer, it will be a half-hearted, lowball offer. They would probably offer #3, next years first and a third day pick. We could offer the same except #2 and maybe a SRP or TRP. Since we have cap space we could offer to take a David Johnson and/or Mercilus off there hands for cap relief.  Something like that. The whole trick is to determine if Miami is a real player or not. If JD determines they are not, then he can negotiate without having to give up a third FRP. I also think that if he is comfortable with Fields or Wilson, he can walk. We really would be in the drivers seat and we should not negotiate against ourselves. 

Just now, xrade said:

I concur. But as will also add that if Miami makes an offer, it will be a half-hearted, lowball offer. They would probably offer #3, next years first and a third day pick. We could offer the same except #2 and maybe a SRP or TRP. Since we have cap space we could offer to take a David Johnson and/or Mercilus off there hands for cap relief.  Something like that. The whole trick is to determine if Miami is a real player or not. If JD determines they are not, then he can negotiate without having to give up a third FRP. I also think that if he is comfortable with Fields or Wilson, he can walk. We really would be in the drivers seat and we should not negotiate against ourselves. 

We are in a good spot. We have 3 options. Roll with Darnold and give him protection and weapons finally. Draft one of Wilson or Fields at 2. Or make a move for Watson. We don't have pressure on us. JD doesn't HAVE TO make a deal. If he isn't comfortable with the price... then we have 2 other good options. That all being said... MIA is in a similar position. HOU on the other hand runs the risk of Watson sitting out. They're not in a good position here. 

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

This is crazy, I wonder how long it takes for a trade to come together. If the reports are correct and watson requested a trade weeks ago things could already have been in the works and we could see an end to this pretty quickly. 

This is the “big trade” Adam Schefter said JD was going to do at the beginning of January. I hope