Must Win: Week 6 GDT - Raiders v Chargers

SilverNBlackFan

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That's not an excuse. He was promoted over a proven asset. They've ran 12 play action passes and Carr has thrown 10 balls over 20 yards in the air. Downing has sucked the life out of this offense. 

It'd be one thing if he was finding footing and they were somewhat average. They are bottom of the league and he's in over his head. No feel for the game. No urgency. They look lost and sluggish in all aspects of the offense. 

Yeah, it is an excuse. The first year you start doing something, you typically aren't the best or most experienced at it even if you assisted or apprenticed in it before. Just facts. You can blame him for it all that is not going right, that is your prerogative. Just make sure you are framing it in reality and not just blowing by that important point cuz you're mad.

It's hard to find your footing when you QB is hurt and you have to adjust the offense due to issues at WR(Coopers hands and Crabs injuries.) Just addressing what you said, not inviting a breakdown of everything you would have done in his place.

We all know the reasons why he got the job and they let Musgrave walk. I seem to remember cheers going up after many were constantly calling for his head for 2 years. Now your seeing what the end result is and you asking for him back.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For ****s sake, Kyle Shannahan has the 49ers offense looking like the Patriots in comparison to ours over the past few weeks. And compare the talent of those two squads. It isn't even close.

And look at the differences in the 2 coaches. Kyle has been a OC since 2008 and literally grew up in a house with a master OC. This is Downing first year as a playcaller. You don't think there are gonna be struggles and things he needs to changes not just in playcalling or scheme but in how he prepares and gameplans. Those lessons are learned from experience. Maybe he wasn't ready, maybe he needs more time, none of us know but I know that firing him wouldn't help the team this year.

If we keep Downing "In Flames" then we need to bring in a veteran OC to be an adviser in the same capacity that Pagono is for the defense. Now that I think about it, that's what the team had with Al Saunders when Hue was the OC. 

41 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

And look at the differences in the 2 coaches. Kyle has been a OC since 2008 and literally grew up in a house with a master OC. This is Downing first year as a playcaller. You don't think there are gonna be struggles and things he needs to changes not just in playcalling or scheme but in how he prepares and gameplans. Those lessons are learned from experience. Maybe he wasn't ready, maybe he needs more time, none of us know but I know that firing him wouldn't help the team this year.

I agree with you. I'm just really frustrated because Reggie has done such a good job to build this team from ruin and to see the roster "wasted" is eating away at me.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:47 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree with you. I'm just really frustrated because Reggie has done such a good job to build this team from ruin and to see the roster "wasted" is eating away at me.

I hear you. We all thought this might be the year that Raider Nation might be able to hold their heads up with pride while our team made a deep playoff run. Looks like that's not gonna happen.

Just remember that the foundation for success is there. It just needs to be unlocked and able to reach its full potential.

Archived