Godzilla vs Kong - Streaming on HBOmax

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Trailer looks rad as hell, but then again, the trailers for the last 2 movies sold us a better movie than we actually ended up getting both times (which I still enjoyed, but...), so let's not count our chickens.

Also:

142146987_1792605854229107_1831897673704

140576380_1792605874229105_4927679847011

That's definitely MechaGodzilla in the trailer opening.

Good. That should be ******* awesome.

What is this? I watched the trailer because I'm fascinated w/gorillas, large wildlife and find prehistoric animals interesting. Yes, I'm FULLY aware that this is not a documentary :) For someone who has not watched a movie since 'Gone Girl', I probably won't end up watching it. But what!??? there were OTHER movies about these creatures - I legit had no idea. When I Googled Godzilla, it gave me this. There are MORE of these animals!? Seriously confused but interested .....

https://www.cbr.com/monsters-stronger-than-godzilla/

Edited by K9

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Good. That should be ******* awesome.

Also makes me wonder if one or more of the fights featured in the trailer is a disguised MG/fake Godzilla, which there actually IS some evidence to back that up in Rob from ETN's most recent video:

But also notice how eerily similar the one shot/setting of the supposed fake Godzilla in the video/trailer is to the fake Godzilla/disguised MG we all know from GvMG74.

Of course, it could just be a simple homage, but it perfectly aligns with the rest of the video, to which I think Rob provides some rather compelling evidence. It would also potentially explain why one Godzilla beam is more jagged and a lighter color than the other in the trailer (Ghidorah's DNA from his head used for creating MG).

Edited by KManX89

• 3 weeks later...

POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING. I'm putting this here BEFORE posting the new trailer because it appears WB actually spoiled the winner in the effing trailer because... of course they did. 🤦‍♂️

I say this a lot, but it bears repeating: WB are ******* idiots. PLEASE tell me they didn't just spoil the winner in the goddamn trailer... oh wait, who'm I kidding? That sounds exactly like something WB would do.

Edited by KManX89

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

Obviously the movie is awesome in that a-giant-monkey-fights-a-giant-nuclear-lizard kind of way but I had some major problems with the movie that could have been solved with 20 extra minutes of runtime. 

They phoned the details in hardcore here.

That seems to be the running theme with the Godzilla movies recently.  Surprisingly, I've never seen Skull Island, I need to do that at some point.

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

Obviously the movie is awesome in that a-giant-monkey-fights-a-giant-nuclear-lizard kind of way but I had some major problems with the movie that could have been solved with 20 extra minutes of runtime. 

They phoned the details in hardcore here.

Yep, there's no reason it shouldn't have been around a 2 hr, 10 minute run time. Things just jumped all over. I enjoyed it, like I usually do, but it was a jumbled mess storyline wise.

this was fun. The amazing fight scenes + the little girl who befriends Kong made up for the lackluster human side of the story. I'm curios to see where they take this in the next film. Zilla fighting on Kong's turf? a fight scene in that no gravity zone would be dope

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

this was fun. The amazing fight scenes + the little girl who befriends Kong made up for the lackluster human side of the story. I'm curios to see where they take this in the next film. Zilla fighting on Kong's turf? a fight scene in that no gravity zone would be dope

I don't know how many more movies there will be set in this universe; depends on how well this does. If they do then I imagine Godzilla and Kong won't meet up again except to "team up" or something. This movie proved to the audience and to Kong that he can't compete.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

That seems to be the running theme with the Godzilla movies recently.  Surprisingly, I've never seen Skull Island, I need to do that at some point.

I thought Skull Island was pretty entertaining