Godzilla vs Kong - Streaming on HBOmax

Deadpulse

The only thing I disliked about the fight scenes was how quick they made Godzilla. He was a lumbering goof vs the MUTOs in the 1st one, kinda sped it up vs Gidorah in the 2nd one and this one, he was out there with some Tyreek Hill like quickness. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

The only thing I disliked about the fight scenes was how quick they made Godzilla. He was a lumbering goof vs the MUTOs in the 1st one, kinda sped it up vs Gidorah in the 2nd one and this one, he was out there with some Tyreek Hill like quickness. 

Yeah. I just watched Godzilla on HBO Max today and he was so much slower and gassed easily. Maybe all these fights over the last 7 years have upped his quickness and endurance ratings.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah. I just watched Godzilla on HBO Max today and he was so much slower and gassed easily. Maybe all these fights over the last 7 years have upped his quickness and endurance ratings.

That nuke from the 2nd one must've done to him what PEDs did to Bonds! From elite talent to OMFG.

Stop focusing so much on the human element and give us what we want in these movies (i.e. a straight-up monster mash). Mecha Godzilla was a complete bust. It didn't completely suck but once again wasn't great. 

Skull Island was the only movie from this pack that I really liked. All the others, including this latest iteration just haven't garnered my interest for whatever reason. I guess I'm just not a giant monster attacking the city type of guy. I was rooting for Kong though in this one. The subplot involving Millie Bobbi Brown and those other two dimwits sneaking around the entire time was just a drag. 

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I love that nobody knows his name is Kyle Chandler. I know. It sounds like a draft bust at QB, right?

Probably because Kyle/Chris are essentially interchangeable common names. Chris Chandler was an average to bad QB for 17 years in the NFL. Wouldn't say he's a bust though since he was a third round pick. 

9 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I thought this was pretty easily the best since Godzilla 14, if not better. It's straight up dumb fun. Like a 90's movie with 2020 graphics. Totally worked for me.

Same. Was two hours of mindless action. CGI heavy movies like this still bug me but they've come a long way. Not something I'll need to ever watch again but I enjoyed it.