Godzilla vs Kong - Streaming on HBOmax

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Other then Millie Bobby browns part I enjoyed the movie 

Holy crap. Watched this last night. The Millie Bobby Brown scenes were Canto Bright levels of unnecessary bad. Stupidly thrown in there, made no sense, and just plain sucked. I was so irked every time their scenes were on. I also thought the first half of the movie was pretty boring as well. This was better than King of the Monsters I suppose, but not by much. Skull Island is probably the best of the 4. 

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Holy crap. Watched this last night. The Millie Bobby Brown scenes were Canto Bright levels of unnecessary bad. Stupidly thrown in there, made no sense, and just plain sucked. I was so irked every time their scenes were on. I also thought the first half of the movie was pretty boring as well. This was better than King of the Monsters I suppose, but not by much. Skull Island is probably the best of the 4. 

They needed a human on Godzilla's side but man did they flop it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They needed a human on Godzilla's side but man did they flop it. 

But did they? I dont think anyone watching ever would have thought Godzilla was ever truly the bad guy. Or if they did, Even Better! Thats the type of twist/reveal they should have been aiming for

The way they did that plot was just bad, and feels like they were forcing her into the movie for when they needed her for the press tour pre-covid.

I feel like they could have gotten it across just as well using only Brian Tyree Henry's character, maybe his podcast as a voiceover type thing, see him snooping, and even trying to run down Kyle Chandler's character or something. Al you need is a seed of doubt, and you earn the reveal

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But did they? I dont think anyone watching ever would have thought Godzilla was ever truly the bad guy. Or if they did, Even Better! Thats the type of twist/reveal they should have been aiming for

They totally did. This was a pure team Edward vs Team... I forgot the other guys name. The point is they want the fans to root for their favorite. Especially with how hard the Kong humans were pushing the Kong is the face narrative. 

51 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They totally did. This was a pure team Edward vs Team... I forgot the other guys name. The point is they want the fans to root for their favorite. Especially with how hard the Kong humans were pushing the Kong is the face narrative. 

I mean I don’t really care enough about this movie one way or another to get all that deep into this, but it’s pretty obvious that the Human element is always the worst part of these movies. 

And the portion you pointed out, the “pushing the Kong narrative” wasn’t done well either. That could/should have been chopped down too.

If done right, they have the previous films that all the fans have already made up their mind who they are rooting for. And then they battle, and battle again, and then... the 3rd man reveal that they team up against.

This isn’t hard, especially if they throw in the extra pieces of the hallow earth and everything else. But I didn’t ever need people telling me “who to root for” in Godzilla vs Kong

They should have been laying out the two combatants, letting us know what people think of Godzilla since KOM, what they even know about Kong, and then dropping breadcrumbs about MechaG. 

Now is just went deeper than I wanted to, but even this is all just surface stuff. Very simple, but they don’t even do that stuff right 

bruh, you got too deep. It is super simple - Godzilla stans would be mad if he was straight heel and vice versa so they had two groups of humies showing their dude love. That is it. Make sure the movie is palatable for all comers, because like you alluded to, its about the monster fights. Just gotta keep both faction happy in between. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

bruh, you got too deep. It is super simple - Godzilla stans would be mad if he was straight heel and vice versa so they had two groups of humies showing their dude love. That is it. Make sure the movie is palatable for all comers, because like you alluded to, its about the monster fights. Just gotta keep both faction happy in between. 

What Godzilla stans? This franchise is barely hanging on, there’s very little pull either way in this iteration. And anyone who does feel that way (a very small section) isn’t going to care what cheerleaders he has, they care who won the fights and how. 

If I was a Stan for either of these versions, I would be more appalled at the garbage we got from their human mouthpieces, and rather they all just shut up and give me more fights. 

It’s about how badass they are, how powerful and how much they can destroy, not how much some boring dialog they get about “he’s not a bad guy”