In light of today, Linsley gets paid

HeresAGuy

8 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Dillon is fine as a feature back if you can keep Ervin around. That guy was a game changer at the position, not just a ST guy IMO.

Ervin is nothing more than a scat back.  Not someone you want to be giving a serious amount of touches to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

I would not complain if they used their 1st rnd pick on an OT. 

Same.   I think it comes down to corner or right tackle in round one, and whichever is not selected in round one should be round two.  Gun to my head, corner round 1 right tackle round 2.

we gotta replace king, gotta 

Edited by HeresAGuy

8 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Same.   I think it comes down to corner or right tackle in round one, and whichever is not selected in round one should be round two.  Gun to my head, corner round 1 right tackle round 2.

we gotta replace king, gotta 

If by chance they went OT at #29, I'm liking Jalen Mayfield, Michigan. I could be wrong, but currently I just don't see a boundary CB prospect worth pick 29 that will be there. I see some worth a rnd 2 pick maybe, like Melifonwu, Syracuse.

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Seems like a fairly conservative estimation.  Think he might get a tad more on the FA market though.  Think $11M/year is more where he's looking at.

He can look for whatever he wants. He is a 3rd contract C in Covid time. If the cap is low then its going to be everyone scaling down their offers

16 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

If by chance they went OT at #29, I'm liking Jalen Mayfield, Michigan. I could be wrong, but currently I just don't see a boundary CB prospect worth pick 29 that will be there. I see some worth a rnd 2 pick maybe, like Melifonwu, Syracuse.

ABSOLUTELY was thinking of Mayfield at 29.  That would be a good first day in my book.

17 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

That's interesting because the coaches disagree with you.  I guess you must know something they don't

I'm not sure what makes you suggest that.  Tyler Ervin played in 130 snaps excluding the games against San Francisco and Philadelphia.  He had 26 touches (targets + rushing attempts), which comes to a touch every 5.00 snaps.  For comparison, Aaron Jones averages a touch every 2.04 snaps and Davante Adams averages a touch every 5.19 snaps.  And more out of curiosity standpoint, if you exclude the San Francisco game as well his he averages a touch every 8.3 touches.  He's your motion guy.

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Look at the centers who got paid in recent years, how many of them offer significant position versatility?

I can agree with that, just like someone else mentioned, along with position, there are a lot of teams capped out. Don’t think he breaks the bank but hell, all he needs is one team right?

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

I can agree with that, just like someone else mentioned, along with position, there are a lot of teams capped out. Don’t think he breaks the bank but hell, all he needs is one team right?

As I've said too many times before, there's too much at stake for the NFL and NFLPA to not borrow money from future cap years.  Plus, teams alway tend to backload contract anyways.  Give him something with a cap hit around $6M this year and $13M and $11M the year after that gets him to an AAV of $10M.

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure what makes you suggest that.  Tyler Ervin played in 130 snaps excluding the games against San Francisco and Philadelphia.  He had 26 touches (targets + rushing attempts), which comes to a touch every 5.00 snaps.  For comparison, Aaron Jones averages a touch every 2.04 snaps and Davante Adams averages a touch every 5.19 snaps.  And more out of curiosity standpoint, if you exclude the San Francisco game as well his he averages a touch every 8.3 touches.  He's your motion guy.

he's a normal cog in the offense playing 30-40% of snaps when he's healthy.  He's a guy they should keep around. It's really that simple  - I never said he was someone other than a change of pace back from a RB perspective.  But he brings a really good pass catching dynamic that none of the other players have.

To me, he's like a weird deebo samuel or maybe more like percy harvin.  Would be good to get another versatile player in this mold and see what comes out of that.