49ers release Navorro Bowman; signs w/Raiders 1yr/3m

Forge

13 minutes ago, bzane said:

I know- I've seen you on that forum, and you've been a much-needed contributor to that at times desolate waste land.

Sort of an inside joke I was sending you.

Yes....that is what I assumed. I plan on posting more as I get done prepping for a band I am joining. 

agree with those that say Raiders - they have pretty bad LBs and are overall a better team, might not be a bad destination.  

GB doesnt make sense - Martinez has been one of the biggest improvers and Ryan is at least average.  

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

What? I'm shocked.

Sean Payton has paid NO attention to injury histories in the draft and FA the last 2-3 years. Anzalone is (or will be soon enough) one of many that are constantly dinged up for us. 

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Classy but why not take what you can get for him? Don't understand this from the 49ers perspective at all.

I don't even think it counts towards the comp pick formula to release him mid-season, does it?

nah comp pick window ended a long time ago. 

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

:(

Dat my linebacker doe. 

jrn7VsmJ6D8bK.gif

I had forgotten that play i remember the other play where Harry Douglas fell down on a wide open route he could have gotten a TD on though i think in the same game if im not mistaken lol.   Whats worse is it's 2nd and 1 there just like it was in the SB and we friggen pass it again instead of running it and running some clock off and getting a 1st down with a good running game.    We just never change do we or learn from it even with a new group of coaches O.o

I don't see any reason at all for the Packers to even look at him. He's done. He's strictly a run down thumper at this point and the Packers just don't use or need those. They've been playing S at LB more than using a 2nd LB for the speed, so it would be the opposite direction the defense is moving.

7 hours ago, MemphisEagles said:
11 hours ago, Asciimo said:

as always, are there any teams in the league that DON'T need help at LB?

Eagles are fine there, hopefully I didn't jinx us.

Us too. Lavonte and Kwon are both awesome, even if they're dinged up. And Beckwith has been a stud for a rookie. Glanton is solid depth and could probably start.

Archived